• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stock 3D models need functional upgrades...

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now it seems that at least some of the excellent 3D stock assets have been made with purely static use in mind. 

Take the otherwise excellent 'Praying Mantis' model from the Stock Collection; there are 2 Groups visible in Stager which have been made to facilitate mapping and shading, not articulation. We cannot really 'pose' the model other than by global TRS.

I 'need' to be able to Rig models for deformation and animation - the leg segments must have proper rotation points so that one can turn the head, make the limbs work - to make the model 'alive' so to speak,

Fully aware that Stager is not an animation environment. The point is that by default, the models are not set-up with hierarchial grouping and articulation possibilities down the line.

This is too bad.

It is obvious that animation rigging is done 'elsewhere' in the workflow - Blender, Maya etc.

Likewise it is obvious that if we had default granularity @ the joint level - ie. rotation - the Stock Models would be a much better value.

So; complete hierarchial grouping of model with @ least basic rotations built in.

This would make the $15 go much farther

Thanks,

David

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NB

I misspoke when I claimed that the 'Praying Mantis' premium model was not properly grouped.

It's just that a few days ago, it did appear that way.

I was wrong about this detail.

My criticism remains with regard to rotation axies and so on.

dbf 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started