Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Stock photography and library vs downloading

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I download a preview to my hard drive it is named Adobe Stock with file number. When I preview to my library it comes in with mile long tag from search information. This is really disruptive. I would like this to be uniform and so would my clients that I share libraries with. Adobe stock and file number is preferred intstead of backgroundwithcopyspacewooddarkpeanutshogwashothercrap.jpg

TOPICS
Creative Cloud Integration, General

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi birddogV,

I've always seen the file name with asset number. Can you provide the steps you are using to share your library so I could better understand the issue?

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the browser>stock> photo click on heart to save preview to library. The name of the file is allthesearchtagsanddescriptiveadjectices.jpg

However, if you download the preview to the desktop it will be named Adobe stock #1234567...
If once a client approves and you click on license you still have to deal again with allthesearchtagsanddescriptiveadjectices.jpg
Nine times out of ten an adjustment is made in photoshop. Again, saving it or renaming it to include the stock number is much easier, quicker and workflow is maintained.
Last but not least, if it’s much easier to search by the adobe file number. If a library is set up for according to the project you are working on its easy to locate. It’s also easier to locate similar photos with stock # than the tag.
May I note, there should be panel options in InDesign to make the thumbnails larger like page panel Jumbo.

Mari O'Donnell

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mari,

I see in https://assets.adobe.com that the file name referenced is the title, is that where you mean? Can you provide a screenshot where you are seeing the long file name you are referring to please?

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started