• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stock photos, can't remove checkered background with transparency & gamut

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off support and they couldn't help me. It seems the images I've downloaded from stock are flattened since I can't remove the checkered background with transparency and gamut. Anyone else with this issue?

TOPICS
Asset Quality , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What assets did you download? Vector images need to be downloaded as vector, not jpeg, and you will need to use Adobe illustrator to get rid of the background. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I downloaded vector and it still rasterizes them. Where does it say I need Illustrator to get rid of the background? Since I have to buy Illustrator then I find this misleading and how come none of the support workers knew about this? I just spent three hours trying to sort this out and they couldn't help me. One even sent me to Shutterstock who knew nothing of these photos. I am annoyed and disappointed of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need Illustrator because it is probably an Ai file and Ai files open in illustrator. Other applications do not read the Illustrator file format. If Adobe customer care does not know about this, then it's a problem of Adobe training their support people properly. Please post the asset ID so that I can have a look at the asset.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started