• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stolen photo found on high traffic web, it was bought from Adobe Stock and they are now ignoring me

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found one of my photo on a front page of massive worldwide company. Of course I escalated this matter as I do not sell my photos just to find out they do not want to have anything to do with me as they legally bought it from Adobe Stock. I can understand that.

But funny part started when I contacted Adobe about that. Also the big company contacted Adobe regarding this issue as they bought stolen material. Adobe did not take it down or contacted me. So I contacted them first but they did not reply for another 5 days so I sent them another email.

After the second email they finally asked for the details and standard rubbish if the photo is mine etc. Then they took down whole profile of that thief as he had at least 2 of my photos there.

Bravo Adobe..month after the company that bought it from you contacted you in the matter and week after I complained.

I also mentined that as they already sold stolen intellectual property that is mine for which I have a proof and the big company is happy to give me all the sales details, I request compensation.

Guess what. They do not communicate with at all. They are ingonring my emails, I cannot get on phone with them as I do not live in US and I'm not going to wait for 30minutes on line.

Its getting more and more ridiculous and I'm starting to think about taking the legal steps and aso contact media about their funny stock selling policy.

Anybody else with same experience?

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

There is only one way to report a theft like this, and Adobe are legally required to follow up by contacting the two people claiming ownership (that is, you, and the person who licensed it to Adobe).  This is a DMCA complaint.  You can file one for free here: https://www.adobe.com/uk/legal/dmca.html . I realise you've probably already done that, but this may save time for someone else who has their photos stolen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only one way to report a theft like this, and Adobe are legally required to follow up by contacting the two people claiming ownership (that is, you, and the person who licensed it to Adobe).  This is a DMCA complaint.  You can file one for free here: https://www.adobe.com/uk/legal/dmca.html . I realise you've probably already done that, but this may save time for someone else who has their photos stolen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you understand my problem here. I am not asking about how to remove it from the stock as that was already done. I am asking how can I get compensation from Adobe as they sold product stolen from me. They earned money for it same as a thief so they are accomplice to intellectual property thievery.

And when I'm trying to get an answer from them, they are playing dead bug, no answer, nothing.

For company with such a big name this is completely unacceptable behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please direct any claims you have regarding Stock assets to copyright-stock@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started