• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent Images Download without layers - can't remove grid

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded two images that were supposed to be transparent.  I've spent the past 2 hours searching the discussions for a solution and have not yet found one - other than refunding credits back to accounts.  

The images I am having trouble with:  #248626298  and #187307902

I have opened in both PS and AI and there are no layers on either to turn off the grid.  Had anyone come up with a solution for this other than the file just wasn't added to Adobe with layers?   Thanks!

TOPICS
Asset Quality , Download , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

After more research I discovered what I was doing wrong - and after reading past discussions - this may help other newbies to Illustrator.  The files must be downloaded as an AI file and not a JPG in order for the layers to show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

You need to work with the latest version of Adobe Illustrator (prior versions may work also, but you will need at least the version that has been used to create the asset).

You open the file, go to the layers palette and expand the last layer (in most cases the only layer) by clicking the triangle before the layer's name (>). The last element in that list will probably be the checkered background.

You need to know, however, that a background is needed for these assets to work correctly. 

See

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After more research I discovered what I was doing wrong - and after reading past discussions - this may help other newbies to Illustrator.  The files must be downloaded as an AI file and not a JPG in order for the layers to show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to work with the latest version of Adobe Illustrator (prior versions may work also, but you will need at least the version that has been used to create the asset).

You open the file, go to the layers palette and expand the last layer (in most cases the only layer) by clicking the triangle before the layer's name (>). The last element in that list will probably be the checkered background.

You need to know, however, that a background is needed for these assets to work correctly. 

See here for more information on that: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-discussions/false-transparency-image/m-p/11981335#M58600

See here for similar topics with correct answers:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-discussions/transparent-light-effect-not-transparent/td-p/12143...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started