• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Understanding Adobe stock licensing terms.

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that adobe stock has link for licensing terms but I don't understand what it saying.

I am a artist that makes portraits. I pay for subscription because I thought I can use photo of person on adobe stock to create my portrait art.

When I ask question they keep refer me to go and read licensing terms but unless you are lawyer who is specialize in this kind of issue you can not understand.

So please somebody answer to me just straight yes or no.  Can I use adobe stock's photo of people to make portrait art?

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Yun,

Yes, with an extended license you can make the art which you have created above(from the Adobe Stock asset ) and can use it for reselling purpose.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yun,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

You may use the Adobe Stock asset as per your requirements provided you follow all the licensing terms and restrictions. The usage of the right type of license is required. Please refer to License information and Terms of use | Adobe Stock for more details.

Also, all assets intended for commercial use and containing recognizable people are uploaded with a signed model release allowing the image to be used commercially within the limits of the license agreement. For more information, you may also refer to Common Questions, Adobe Stock

Hope this information helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I wish all this license agreement and term is written in a way that it's easy to understand.

Just plain english to say yes you can make this or alter or no you can't do that under agreement.

Your site FAQ     Usage and licensing page had this

Does Adobe Stock offer extended licenses allowing licensees to sell derivative products based on an asset?

Yes. You may purchase an extended license for most Adobe Stock photos, vectors, and illustrations. Extended licenses provide unlimited impressions/print runs, and the ability to create derivative products for resale, such as coffee mugs, t-shirts, etc. Extended licenses may be purchased by clicking the image on the Adobe Stock website and selecting the Extended License tab. If you have already licensed the image, you can click your name in the Adobe Stock navigation bar, open the License History page, scroll to find the desired image, then click License Again.

So my question again is if I buy extended licenses can I make art and sell it.?  Below first picture is your stock photo and under that is my art that I created from it. Can I sell that under extended licenses?

AdobeStock_6687359.jpegShy-boy-sunshine-web.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yun,

Yes, with an extended license you can make the art which you have created above(from the Adobe Stock asset ) and can use it for reselling purpose.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started