• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo similar search to return to selected image

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me all the time and it is infuriating. I search for a keyword - find an image that is really good so I click the similar button and get a bunch of options. After search through those I decide that the orginal image is the one I want...except that I can not return to that image. I've tried CLEAR - clicked X - BACK - nothing works then I have to remember what keyword I searched and start from scratch and try to recall where I saw the image in the first place.

Sample:

Search for keyword Banana....then lets say i scroll through 50 pages before i find a nice image.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 3.39.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 3.40.00 PM.png

Now - if I click the X in find similar or the Clear button on the similar image I am taken back to the original BANANNA search----PAGE 1. 

Would be nice to jump from the similar image to itself just by clicking on it!

PS. using open new window a billion times works but has it's own issue and is poor UX in my mind.

Am I missing something?

TOPICS
General

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

While the behavior of undoing by X is our current behavier, it is recommended to use back button to go back to previous state as of current.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting your experience, I will pass this on to production team.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the behavior of undoing by X is our current behavier, it is recommended to use back button to go back to previous state as of current.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope and even worse - You should try doing that then clicking the back button - takes me to a bunch of videos related to something i was searching earlier this morning instead of the new bananna search a few clicks deep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why adobe pushes videos when someone is looking at images but that happens to me quite a lot as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of fragile behavior when it comes to back-button though some of straight scenarios work most of time.  We apologize for inconvenience on these areas as we are addressing case by case over time.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is very poor UX 100%. I second this comment by nicks3609780. Its very frustrating to not be able to go back to the selected image and it could be as easy as a adding a link or even just adding the number of the image. The back button is definitely NOT the solution to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started