Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsharp photos and very poor chat support

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I licensed some images I need for a big scale print. Therefore I looked especially for images with a high resolution. Some were okay - some were totally unsharp (e.g. #378691837 - 12000 x 8000px - but it can hardly be printed bigger than A4 if you want a sharp picture, #425438892 and #316947285 are also far away from the expected quality).

As there is no possibility to detect this before licensing I contacted customer support by chat. First they told me, that I need to open them with Photohop - then they would be sharp (which is of course nonsense - I afterwards sent one picture to a colleage of mine who has a subscription and they look exactly the same as in my standard image viewer). Then they wanted to push me into a Photoshop subscription offering worse conditions than on the website.

This combination is really disappointing.

TOPICS
Asset Quality , Licensing , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12000x8000 px is really intriguing, as this resolution needs a very high-resolution camera. This looks like a digital upscale of a smaller picture and that is not allowed according to the contributor's guidelines. Looking at the quality of this asset, I only can confirm that it is terrible. And you are completely right, there is no need for Photoshop to view pictures. You only need a viewer that allows you to look at the picture at 100%. Would you please post the case number? I'm convinced that @WendellaBee and/or @Contributor1 would be interested to look into the assets and the chat.

As a contributor, I know that these assets are not in the required quality. Assets are really stringently vetted.

Edit: Just checked the contributor "Melanie" (image id 378691837). All the assets are around that fantastic size, and some assets look even bad with the low-resolution preview.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've verified the issue and granted you 3 replacement licenses. I'll send the 3 assets to the content team for review. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the assets quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your support @Abambo  and @Contributor1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started