• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using a file with a checkered background.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I purchased the below image of a glowing light burst. I assumed that since it was on a checkered

background I would be able to separate the 2 layers in Photoshop and use the light burst without the checkered background.

I have youtubed and searched for how to separate the light from the checkered background and still can not do this.

Wondering if someone would be happy enough to look at this image and help me to isolate the light burst so I can use it on my composite.

Sorry in advance if this is ignorant- new to adobe stock images 🙂

Thanks.

Karen.

Glowing light burst

By paketesama

FILE #: 114122981

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Well, Illustrator may use layers like Indesign but I’ve seen such objects that do unfortunatly not use layers.

You can check that with Indesign or Acrobat. But all depends on the age of the asset. Best with vector assets is to have access to a vector editor program (well with AI files tgere is none better than Illustrator).

You can use the 7day test version of Illustrator to check your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil

I see a response from you but I don't see any information. Am I not viewing the message right?

Thanks.

Karen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

you posted in the wrong forum and Sahil was kind enough to move your entry.

Your asset is an Illustrator file and should be edited in Illustrator. Do you have Illustrator at your disposal?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo.

Thank you for clarifying- sorry I posted in the wrong forum. I can see that now. I appreciate the move 🙂

I do not have Illustrator. I have PS and InDesign.

Is the solution to open in Illustrator then save the layer that has the sun? Or?

Thanks again for helping.

Karen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Illustrator may use layers like Indesign but I’ve seen such objects that do unfortunatly not use layers.

You can check that with Indesign or Acrobat. But all depends on the age of the asset. Best with vector assets is to have access to a vector editor program (well with AI files tgere is none better than Illustrator).

You can use the 7day test version of Illustrator to check your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question and point me in the right direction.

I appreciate your time and will download the trial version of Illustrator and see how that works.

Happy New Year to you.

Karen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to update here for additional questions. Post in the Illustrator​ forum for any question related to Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, will do 🙂

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

Please allow me some time to get this reviewed by the experts, I will get back to you on this thread, once I have more information. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started