• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Stock image for medical marketing purposes

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it allowed to use Adobe Stock image as a brand image of a particular medical product (pills, tablets, .etc)?

I mean, if I buy an image in Adobe Stock, can I use it to advertise medicine? If yes, what kind of license should I own?

TOPICS
Licensing , Plans and purchase , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From this page, I would assume an extended license is required.

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Asset may be used in merchandise, templates, or other products for resale*

However, I am not a licensing nor an IP attorney. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure. That is what Adobe stock is for. The license type you need is driven by what the primary value of the product is. If it is the stock asset, you will need an extended licence. If it is your product, a standard licence may be OK. If you have an accumulated print run of more then 500k, you will need an extended licence. 

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started