• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using downloaded photos/videos without license in video posted on Youtube?

Explorer ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know if the license will allow photos and clips that have the watermark on them to be used in a video for a client when not holding the license? The idea is to use the media as part of a video to show the client, and if they like it, to then purchase the license. The video will be posted to youtube with a private link.

Thanks

TOPICS
Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The aim of the watermarked assets is to show the customer, how the stock assets will be used and to get approval from the customer before acquiring paid licences. How you share the work is not relevant, as long as it is not a public exchange site. However, the assets you use are not without a licence, but there is a specific licence granted to you for this use. I recommend that you read the licensing terms.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started