Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Using music on YouTube videos

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've licensed a song here on Abobe in order to use on one of my YouTube language learning videos, and right away YouTube flagged it with a Copyright Claim. Now I understand that I don't own the song, but that mean that at some point I won't be able to monetize my video once my channel does become eligible for monetization?

thank you.

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suppose you read the licensing terms and you may use the song on social media... (I did not read the specifics for music and sound...). Unfortunately this is a Youtube problem and not an Adobe problem, except if the song licensed has a (c) issue. You need to contact Youtube and prove that you licensed the music correctly.

(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the license terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I can not rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started