Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using stock image *for* a client project vs. the client using it themselves

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I purchased and used a stock image as the basis for my client's social media graphics last year. This week they approached me asking if they could use the same image themselves for creating website graphics.

If I understand licensing and usage rights correctly, I would be able to make those web graphics myself since I purchased the original image, but I'm unclear on what it means that they want to make the new graphic(s) themselves.

Does my purchasing the image cover them, since it's the same client the image was originally purchased for? Or would they need to buy the image themselves since they'd be using it without my involvement?

Thanks ahead of time.

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can transfer the licence, if you want, as the customer is the same. But it's your decision if you want to transfer the licence. See here for the transfer: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-discussions/transfer-license-to-a-client/td-p/11990240

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started