Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Vector file downloading as raster

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I licensed File #: 390377047, and chose to download as vector/.ai. When I open the .ai file the iamge is rasterized. How can I access the actual vector art?

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have Illustrator, you can use of those vector viewer apps that are free to view and or change the file type. Just do a search.

Otherwise you're going to need Illustrator if you want to keep it a vector. Otherwise use photoshop to convert the image to a large JPG.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but I do have Illustrator. I think it's an error on Adobe's end. They say it's a vector file, and downloads as .ai, but when I open in Illustrator, it's raster. I tried opening in Photoshop as well, but it opens as a flat image and low resolution.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @patricks88100612,

I agree it's a poor quality asset. I've granted you a replacement license and will forward this to our content team for review.

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I downloaded another similar graphic that was supposed to be vector, and it was also a raster image. I think that whole set is bad.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@patricks88100612 please share the ID with me. Our content team will look into it.

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've granted you another replacement license. I think you may be correct about that contributor's content. Our content team will review it.

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the replacement license!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started