Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector files versions

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Adobe Community 🙂

I'm facing an issue while saving my files I'm designing a business card for upload when I save files in AI it gives me a warning message please check to attach the image. Also when I reopen this AI file all vectors are not shown properly also not editable properly. So, my question is can we save a file with version cs 2020? Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Asset Quality , General

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

You should use the latest file format available when creating Adobe Illustrator items. You should also embed the PDF data.

There is no "CS 2020". 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

There is often bad advice in YouTube. Still, the setting is useful sometimes, especially to share with other apps,  and this is the penalty. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should use the latest file format available when creating Adobe Illustrator items. You should also embed the PDF data.

There is no "CS 2020". 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i will save my all vector files in latest version hope i will not face any issue in future because mostly tutorial on YouTube save files using minimum version like illustrator 10. This is really confusing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mostly tutorial on YouTube save files using minimum version like illustrator 10. This is really confusing..

By @Muhammad27476241qyl6

Minimum versions is not contradictory. I always save the latest file version, except if I have a specific target for the file. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is often bad advice in YouTube. Still, the setting is useful sometimes, especially to share with other apps,  and this is the penalty. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started