• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector image isn't vector

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you resolve with Adobe or where do you report it, that an image that was supposed to be a vector is just an image in illustrator and its not even embedded? I know I only want vectors, so did I just waste a download?

https://stock.adobe.com/images/silhouette-of-diver-coral-reef-and-underwater-cave-on-a-blue-sea-back...

TOPICS
Asset Quality , Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Hello, I've verified the issue and granted you a replacement credit. I'll send the asset to the content team for review. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've verified the issue and granted you a replacement credit. I'll send the asset to the content team for review. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also downloaded an image that is was supposed to be a vector file but was just an image with a clipping mask, happens to me a few times, I can i resolve this when it happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reply for help & quote or link to exact file so Adobe can verify problem & credit you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://stock.adobe.com/images/old-nautical-map-light-template/232946287

This is the image that was ordered, it is listed as ai and eps, but it is just an image and a clipping mask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I looked at the vector and can see the editable layers. I noticed when I hid "Layer 6" from visibility I could modify the details of the vector, does that possibly solve the issue you're seeing?

hide visibilty of first layer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image I get does not have any layers

christopher26251268s85m_0-1663924788681.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download the image it does not come with layers like the one you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, that looks like the preview. To fix this you should be able to return to that asset and click the "Re-Download for Free" button... this should give you the correct vector file with the expected layers that I see in my recent test.

redownload licensed version.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that several times, it still give me the same copy.  I have it set to automatically download the vector file.

christopher26251268s85m_0-1663956885105.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another file that I have downloaded several times now and each time I open the file it is only a clipping mask and nothing else.

christopher26251268s85m_0-1664211503553.pngchristopher26251268s85m_1-1664211537371.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no issue with this file. Are you downloading from the Adobe Stock website or are you accessing the file from library within Illustrator? Are you using the latest version of Illustrator? Any additional information you can provide will help us troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am downloading directly from the website, and yes I am using the current version of illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded another file in the meantime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'm noticing in your screenshot is that the file is opening as Untitled and not as the name of the file. So how exactly did you launch the file from within Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on a new artboard and went to file then place.  I placed the file and nothing appeared.  That's how I always load the images, rarely do I have an issue.  But I just noticed if I launched the file itself from file explorer it opens.  I am not sure what would be causing this issue though.  Like I said I place all of the files I download that way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the additional information. I'll ask the team to look into this as it doesn't seem like correct behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked the previous file that was in question as well, and same thing.  If I place the file it doesn't post correctly, but if I launch it from file explorer it opens all the layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you are having this issue.  Can you get the log files for your machine when you are attempting to open this file?  Below is a link that can tell you all about the log collector.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploaded

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where have you uploaded them?  Can you attach here so I can have the developers take a look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me as well. I suspect all the images in this series are jpegs imbedded in and AI file. 

https://stock.adobe.com/images/christmas-baubles-banner-vector-xmas-happy-new-year-background-purple...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I've verified the issue (but I'm not allowed to grant you a replacement license due to account type). I'll send the asset to the content team for review. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the asset.

For a refund:
Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled! If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction. Also, if you don’t see the chat feature you may need to accept all adobe cookies.

Support phone numbers may be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Please note that phone charges may apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started