Vector image preview totally different from downloaded version

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

So I just downloaded this image off of Stock 170462655 and found that the downloaded file is totally incomplete compared to the preview. The preview shows 4 tarot cards in colour and the downloaded .ai file contains 1, as an image, in black and white.

So I contacted support and sadly found that there is process to handle this at all. It's not possible for Adobe to contact the contributor to alert them to a problem and it's not possible for Adobe (or it is not willing) to remove an image that is clearly falsely represented. The support agent verified that the downloaded image is not the same as the preview in both standard and extended license versions. The only solution in the end was the refund my credit, which is not at all the solution I was looking for as I'm far more interested in the image being corrected by Adobe contacting the contributor so that I can do my job (which has a deadline).

I'm very sure that the contributor has actually completed this illustration and simply uploaded an incorrect version of their file by accident, something easily corrected and an honest mistake (the rest of the set of cards in the series is fine). But now the contributor will not be alerted and the image will stay online. Considering it's the only vector tarot set on Stock I'm sure lots of other people will have the same issue.

It's just a bit disappointing to be honest 😕

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

steveno71140334  wrote

So I contacted support and sadly found that there is process to handle this at all. It's not possible for Adobe to contact the contributor to alert them to a problem and it's not possible for Adobe (or it is not willing) to remove an image that is clearly falsely represented.

That's a wrong information of the support. The creator is clearly known to Adobe, as all contributors need to be identified and not to forget, they get paid when you buy a stock image. The support agent should need to contact the stock team and ask for an image take down.

The only difficulty here is that execution of the Illustrator file clearly shows a pre-Adobe stock addition as the checks done today by Adobe do not allow such images to be uploaded. It is indeed a scan of a Tarot card and vectorized.

Looping in MatHayward​ for expert advice.

As for your deadline, I'm sorry that I cannot be of help.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Abambo. I don't suppose you know of any way to contact the Stock team directly and bypass the generic Adobe support? I couldn't see any obvious way of doing this.

Luckily my marketing team are cool and our solution is just do less tarot cards! So we'll make do with the 16 we have

Out of curiosity why would a file like this now not be allowed to be uploaded? As most old tarot is not copyrighted I don't think it's a legal issue to scan and image trace a card?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tagged Mat Hayward who is from the Adobe stock team and who will see this message.

steveno71140334  wrote

Out of curiosity why would a file like this now not be allowed to be uploaded? As most old tarot is not copyrighted I don't think it's a legal issue to scan and image trace a card?

Vectorized graphics need a lot of clean-up! So vectorized pictures are unfit for Adobe's quality standards.

The second argument is: The cards may or may not be copyrighted. If they are, I need to be the creator of the artwork (well the (c) holder). If the design is in the public domain, there is no added value and as the uploader anyhow will have difficulties proving the status, Adobe will not accept the entry.

These are the two main arguments, there may be still others.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started