• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

video licence for commercial distributed in cinemas - which one?

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm working for a design agency, we have a task for creating a video commercial for a client. Commercial will be sceen in various cinemas around the country.

which licence we have to use?

standard plus or extended?

Also, We have adobe stock for teams, and there is no option for upgrading licence to extended for us - I wonder if it is related.

Thx a lot for any anwsers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Dawid,

As I have mentioned in my earlier post that the Adobe Stock videos are only covered under enhanced license and not standard or extended license.

You can only use some clippings or background of the video and modify them to use as per your requirement.

Note: The file is considered modified when the final modified version of the file shows no resemblance to the original image.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dawid,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

Adobe Stock videos are covered under an enhanced license and can only be purchased on-demand. With an Enhanced license, you may not create merchandise or products for resale or distribution where the main value of the product is associated with the asset itself. For example, you can't use the asset to create a poster, t-shirt, or coffee mug that someone would buy specifically because of the asset printed on it.

A wiser/safer approach will be to use some clippings or background of the video footage and to use it as per your requirement.

Also, I would like to let you know that the extended license does not come under any subscription plans, you are only entitled to license standard assets through subscription plans. An extended license can be purchased on demand or by using credit from credit packs.

For more information on the licensing terms and restrictions, please refer to Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for your answer.

I would like to clarify. We'd like to purchase this videos Adobe Creative Cloud

If I understand this correctly we can buy this on standard plus licence, but to use it in commercial we have to change it - as example - adding music, lector, other graphics on this video and not showing it alone, even if it will be just for a few seconds. Becouse that will be - as you wrote - associating value of product with the asset itself - wideo of a young people.
But on the other hand showing the value of a product requiers showing young people.

I want to understand if modifiing video in a way as adding graphics - changing colors - vectors - lector - music, etc. will do the work and will be the safe way to use this videos in commercial

Thank you again for answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dawid,

As I have mentioned in my earlier post that the Adobe Stock videos are only covered under enhanced license and not standard or extended license.

You can only use some clippings or background of the video and modify them to use as per your requirement.

Note: The file is considered modified when the final modified version of the file shows no resemblance to the original image.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is clear now, thank you so much for your time!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Dawid.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started