Website not displaying pages on Mac

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting a few days ago, the website stopped displaying images on my 2018 Mac Mini. I've tried it on Firefox and Safari, and neither one works, though the pages display normally on my iPad. The homescreen displays normally, but when I attempt to load an image, say by clicking on "show images", it'll display the title and nothing else.

I've changed NOTHING on my computer, nor have I downloaded ANY updates to either Firefox or Safari during this time, so I'm at a loss as to what could be happening. Since there are no ready answers on a Google Search for "adobestock down", I'm assuming the problem is somehow limited to me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vincent,

It's strange that you are not being able to view the Stock pages on your Mac. Since when have you been facing this issue? Did you try resetting the browser? Is this happening with all the searches?

Thanks

Kanika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not MacOS proficient but your description looks like a communication problem at the proxy/firewall level.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't a reset problem, nor a proxy/firewall issue, and the browser (Firefox) did have the appropriate permissions to support javascript. What's more, while the abobestock pages wouldn't display, the fotolia pages had no problems displaying normally (which I'm assuming use a similar facility, not having glanced at the website coding).

I was able to log in, but the pulldowns to 'view libraries' or view 'user data' were also inaccessible.

In the end, I simply needed to reinstall firefox, and since that's working, I won't bother worrying about Safari (which supposedly doesn't support javascript anyway). But everything is good with a simple browser reinstall.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

P.S. I did have an earlier issue where my system password got corrupted, forcing me to restart from an earlier date, and then reinstall all of my data from the later dates, so it may have been a data corruption issue. Though I'm unsure how you'd get 'bad blocks' on a SSD, since they tend to fail entirely. It may not be related, but it's my only theory for what went south, as I hadn't changed anything with my browsers during that times.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started