• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What license is needed to print on a gift card?

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small shop looking to create some giftcards. I've seen adobe "tutortials" that talk about downloading an asset from Adobe Stock to use as a background on the giftcard. I am a bit confused by the license required though. I think the standard one would be ok as the image on the giftcard is not what gives it "value" (unlike selling the image on a shirt or mug for example) but want to make sure I understand what is needed before I supply any designs to the shop that use a stock image.

Has anyone dealt with this before that can give me an answer?

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would agree with your findings. I would buy a standard licence.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started