• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

which license i need if i use picture for a magazine ( i sell this magazine)?

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I'm lost with the different license. Which one i have to buy.

I want to use few adobe pictures for a magazine that i sell . I sell about 1000 copies.

Thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

My personal reading of the license conditions:

• Title page: Extended as it is one of the most prominent arguments for selling a magazine.
    e.g. A travelers magazine with a nice vacation destination with smiling people on the cover should be a selling argument.
  • The same picture somewhere in the middle of the magazine for illustrating an article: standard license.

In both cases you need to acknowledge the author and Adobe stock accordingly.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Florie,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

As per the requirements you have stated above, you will be requiring an extended license.

Note: Any asset featured for merchandise or for reselling purpose requires an Extended license.

Please refer to Adobe Subscription and Cancellation Terms | Adobe  for more information on the licensing terms and restrictions.

Hope this helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that's right.

If the image is used as a background on the cover or inside of the magazine, and has words over it, then the image is not the prominent thing. So a standard license should be okay, shouldn't it?

See here, https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/terms/enterprise/pdfs/PSLT-Stock-NA-2018v1.pdf  See 3.2. b

And here, is says that a standard license is okay if the image is not used prominently. License information and Terms of use | Adobe Stock

In a magazine with words over the image, the image is not prominent.

Would you please consider your answer again, Twarita?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My personal reading of the license conditions:

• Title page: Extended as it is one of the most prominent arguments for selling a magazine.
    e.g. A travelers magazine with a nice vacation destination with smiling people on the cover should be a selling argument.
  • The same picture somewhere in the middle of the magazine for illustrating an article: standard license.

In both cases you need to acknowledge the author and Adobe stock accordingly.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes sense. I'd love to see a staff person say that. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why I said: my personal reading...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am also using Adobe stock photos for my magazine which I sell approx 1000 copies. The photos will be used in the middle of the magazine and not on the cover. So, my understanding is that standard license will work for me ad well, as your earlier answer is marked correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

as your earlier answer is marked correct.

By @Lisa21976245495g

You (and I) don't know who marked it as correct (by definition, you can have the original author or forum moderator marking something as correct, maybe also non moderator Adobe Community Professionals and Adobe employees).

You need to read the licensing terms and decide, what is true for your use case. But I stand with my opinion.

(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that this answer is DIFFERENT from the answer that is marked "CORRECT" at the top. The top answer says a standard license is adequate for use INSIDE the magazine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started