• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Adobe Anti-Customer with their Stock Credits Policy?

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A stock subscription for 10 items per month is £23.99 (UK). I have accumulated 97 paid-for assets from my subscription. I am told today by customer care that if I stop my subscription, I will lose my credits.

Adobe, why would you do that? It's an awful policy.

No other business I use or know has such an anti-customer policy? For example, I use Audible. I get three credits each month. If I stop my subscription today, they do not throw away my available credits as punishment for stopping, I can continue to use them at any time - I simply don't get new ones!

Again, why, Adobe, do you have such an anti-customer policy?

I tried to complain about this issue to customer care but they said because the policy is (buried) in the terms and conditions, then it's my fault for signing up for such a policy. I suppose it is - but still, why, Adobe??

(Sigh).

TOPICS
Feature request , Plans and purchase , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"No other business I use or know has such an anti-customer policy? " Have you compared with other Stock services? I find policies that are similar but different. For example, one Stock service allows you to use up your credits to get a collection of Stock for future use, but if you do not make use of them in a work after 12 months you lose the rights to the image... at least Adobe (so far as I know) allows you to use up your credits and download images with no time limit for use.

The purpose of the policy is clear: it is to encourage people to keep subscribing. Sounds like good business, unless it puts off too many people from starting subscriptions when they see the terms. If you don't read terms & conditions, the new world of subscribe-to-everything will have many unpleasant surprises for you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started