Exit

Won't refund me for a service I forgot to cancel and haven't used at all

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will be seen so I'm posting it everywhere:

Dear Adobe,

I would like to file a complaint with you in regards to the customer service that I received from you and your team of late. I tried get a refund on a subscription to Adobe Stock, which, I had forgotten to cancel and have not used at all. I have been charged  for your adobe stock during the past five months service, a service that I have not used since the initial sign up trial in June!

I was not sent any confirmation of my trial starting or ending so had no hope of remember to cancel if I had no use for the service (which I didn't). Having now spoken to  your team on chat. I was told that I wouldn't be a refund any of the payments taken from my account!

Your customer service has been catastrophic, despite being in tears over this sneaky procedure and degrading myself to grovel to an advisor for my refund explaining that my financial situation is dire and stressful and cannot afford to be out of pocket £120 for a service I haven't used, and I felt ignored with scripted answers and was just pushed with more and more 'special offers' to keep me paying.

It has completely tarnished my opinion of Adobe as a company, and working in a creative design industry, I feel it's my responsibility to go to as many people as possible and make them aware of this disappointing experience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Hi there

I'm sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience with our support team.

Let me look into this and see what we can do.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience with our support team.

Let me look into this and see what we can do.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whatifprod  wrote

Your customer service has been catastrophic, ... cannot afford to be out of pocket £120 for a service I haven't used, and I felt ignored with scripted answers and was just pushed with more and more 'special offers' to keep me paying.

It has completely tarnished my opinion of Adobe as a company, and working in a creative design industry, I feel it's my responsibility to go to as many people as possible and make them aware of this disappointing experience.

I'm sorry for you, but if you have accepted the conditions. I can't see a reason for a catastrophic customer service when you forget to cancel in time. Please find below an excerpt of current (as of today copy pasted here) terms and conditions (I did the bold markings):

Cancellations can be made any time by visiting your Manage Account page or by contacting Customer Support in your region. If you cancel during the first month billing cycle, your credit card will not be charged and your service will continue until the end of that first month’s billing cycle. If you cancel within 14 days after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle, you’ll be fully refunded. If you cancel the service after the 14th day after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period. After the first year, your contract will renew automatically on your annual renewal date until you cancel and you will be charged the rate stated at the time of purchase every month for the duration of each annual renewal term subject to the cancellation policies above. We’ll always notify you of your renewal, and any change in renewal rates, beforehand.

Please note: I'm not an Adobe employee and I do not speak on behalf of Adobe. The opinion I express here is my own responsibility.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this subject in any way solved? It's immoral business practice for Adobe to not send bills or any kinds of warnings that the free trial period is ending. Shame on you, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's standard practice to send out monthly bills for a service that's charged by the month. I cannot think of any other instance where this is not the case. Be it my Google Music, Hostgator or Patreon subscriptions, I always get monthly bills by email. This shameful policy of Adobe to not send out monthly bills I suspect is catching out a lot of forgetful customers. Dare I say it's probably deliberate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My credit card company does not send monthly bills. And there the amount to pay is different each month.

You dare! I wouldn't see the mails with all the mails I catch each day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Happened with me as well, it is the worst customer service I have seen, some of the support chat team I have talked to are so rude and not replying properly there is no thing called empathy, fortunately I talked to someone the phone and she was really sweet and patient. It is a human mistake to forget things and shouldn't be end of the world there can be exceptions here and there not everyone would like the product and may forget cancelling also, the worst part is they don't provide notifications for recurring charges on the account, how would I know I'm subscribed unless I check my payments on the card , a terrible experience with Adobe I don't think I would use it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support should never be rude with customers. That is a problem.

You should monitor your card narrowly, so you avoid any bad charges or to detect them early. I'm monitoring my cards more or less on a dayly basis. I read from your statement that you got someone friendly on the phone, so at the end the experience is not that bad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but my whole day got spoilt and my image of Adobe degraded with the chat experience I had, I talked to multiple agents and they were so adamant, glad I took the call and waited in the line, though I wasn't granted complete refund, I got partial amount which is good, thanks to the person who was understanding. It is hard to monitor the cards but from now on, I will track all my cards and subscriptions and have my own reminders 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Happened with me as well, it is the worst customer service I have seen, some of the support chat team I have talked to are so rude and not replying properly there is no thing called empathy, fortunately I talked to someone the phone and she was really sweet and patient. It is a human mistake to forget things and shouldn't be end of the world there can be exceptions here and there not everyone would like the product and may forget cancelling also, the worst part is they don't provide notifications for recurring charges on the account, how would I know I'm subscribed unless I check my payments on the card , a terrible experience with Adobe I don't think I would use it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This exact thing happened to me I had signed up for premiere and haven't used it at all and I mean to cancel the subscription to premiere pro and I don't know how to get a refun for the money charged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started