Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom function on Adobe Stock site?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi--

Is there a way to zoom (view larger) images *while on the Adobe Stock site*?  Other photo sites allow you to click or hover on the thumbnail to preview the image in greater detail prior to downloading.  Is this function available?  If not, why not . . . and can we get it added?

I'm adding the emphasis because other discussion threads had replies with various "outside" solutions such as "download a preview to your computer" or "view within a cc app".  Both of these options have drawbacks that make them not workable, so that's not the question here. For efficient selection of workable images, we absolutely need to be able to see the image detail online--on the Adobe stock site--BEFORE downloading items to workstations.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

There is a image scaling which I totally overlooked, hope this helps your needs somewhat, this can be accessed if you go to details view of image thumbs (by clicking on it) and use "Preview Crop".  But I will deliver the message of zooming ability to check for image detail to product team.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LKG99  wrote

Is there a way to zoom (view larger) images *while on the Adobe Stock site*?

Unfortunately no, except for zooming your browser. Really the only solution is to download the preview. I do not see a disadvantage to this.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo--Thank you for your reply. 

<<I do not see a disadvantage to this.>>

From my perspective, here are the disadvantages: The first option doesn't work; the second is inefficient and takes way too long.

"Zooming the browser": 
Not sure what systems Adobe has (or recommends), but on both my PC & Mac, desktops and laptops (and across several browsers--Firefox, Chrome & Safari), I get erratic screen behavior and not what I really need (a larger view).  For example, if I use the zoom function on a picture I've clicked on, the browser switches from the image I am interested in back to the overall thumbnail view. Okay, fine. If I zoom the thumbnails, they will get a tiny bit larger--but still not large enough to see detail, and I'm redrawing the screen with each incremental zoom. Meanwhile, I'll often lose track of the photo I'm even interested in because the screen is jumping all over the place.  Then--suppose I have thumbnails now 2-wide.  If I decide the photo won't work, I have to pull back the zoom--one step at a time, again, because I can't possibly scan 100's of images at a glance when they aren't thumbnails anymore . . . . yeah, a it's a mess. 

Downloading preview:
Instead of just looking at a larger picture on your website, I have to
a) click download preview (wait for popup)
b) tell my computer where I want to save the file
c) wait for it to download (fast, but not instantaneous--I'm sure my antivirus software is happy too)
d) open up the file in my image viewer. 
This process takes a minimum of seven clicks, not to mention wait time for downloading (and I have a screaming fast connection). And why would anyone want to clutter up their machine with extraneous files when they are just trying to look for one they might want to purchase? At the end of this process, I have one more step to delete files I didn't need in the first place. Bottom line:  It's too much work when a simple enlarged preview (like Fotolia has) would solve the problem. At the very least--an option to download multiple preview files at once instead of having to do each file individually would be appreciated.

Is there a reason why Adobe won't implement a larger preview? Copyright? Programming complexity? Other?

I'd be happy to shoot a video of these processes if it might help the programming staff/business analysts understand the frustration from a user perspective. 

Maybe I'm missing something? If you (or other Adobe users) have a quick tip that I'm missing, please let me know.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a image scaling which I totally overlooked, hope this helps your needs somewhat, this can be accessed if you go to details view of image thumbs (by clicking on it) and use "Preview Crop".  But I will deliver the message of zooming ability to check for image detail to product team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  This helps . . . a little. The problem for me is that the zoom isn't enough to show you details.  I'm attaching two zoomed images of the same photo one displayed by Fotolia (first photo) compared to the image on Adobe (second photo). Say, for example, I wanted to know if the dark spot below the tree on the right was an animal or a shrub.  Or take a look at resolution and clarity, in case I needed to use a small portion of this image for my project.  I can make this decision quickly on the Fotolia interface. On Adobe--not even close. 

In any case, thank you for sending the message to the design team. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SCREENSHOTS: Same image--maximum zoom on both. Fotolia is top. Adobe is bottom. Section I am zooming in on is the dark spot to the right of the tree.

image-preview_tree_fotolia.jpgimage-preview_tree-adobe-stock.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started