• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Keeps Stealing My Adobe Stock Images

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be a Fotolia member. When Adobe bought them, they offered a deal where if you switched to Adobe Stock, they would give you two images for every image that was in your Fotolia account. My membership with Fotolia allowed me to rollover all unused image credits, so I had over 800. So when I switched to Adobe Stock, I had over got 1,600+ images.

Ever since then, Adobe keeps implementing changes to Adobe Stock, and every time they implement a new change, I lose all of those extra images that came to me when I switched from Fotolia. And every time, I have to spend hours on the phone getting through to somebody at Adobe Stock (they are all in India--everytime I talk to them, they are Indian), and then I have to spend hours being transferred up the the chain until I can finally talk to a Supervisor who can take care of the problem. This have happened four times now over the past year and a half.

In the last few days my available images have once again dropped from 1262, to 360. So I have lost 902 downloads of images because of whatever change Adobe has implemented behind the scenes. I have now gone to the website to call tech support for Adobe Stock, but now there are no phone numbers listed anywhere, there is no way to contact anyone, and the only choice is to go to this Forum.

I am getting tired of Adobe attempting to steal from me. I have been a loyal Adobe customer for over 20 years now. They have gone from a company where you could call and talk to someone about an issue and get it resolved, to a company where you can't get a hold of anyone, and they don't have a problem stealing from you. Why offer that deal to Fotolia Subscribers, if you are not going to follow through? Why do I have to spend hours of my time having to fight with you not to steal from me? And now, you have made it for all intents and purposes, impossible to contact someone to get the issue resolved.

Is Adobe becoming the used car salesman of the tech world? More than happy to lie and tell you whatever it takes to get you to switch to them, but not willing to follow through on their commitments? Is this really the kind of company you want to be? That you want to work for?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Hi Derik,

I just checked for the update on your issue and I believe a senior support agent was able to contact you and settle a resolution with you.

Let me know if you still have any issues.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looping in Beverley Gray​ to help you better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is she someone who can get this resolved for me? I would appreciate it this could be taken care of once and for all. This is really a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derik,

Sorry for the poor experience.

I did go through your account details and noticed that the licenses from Fotolia were migrated on 8th March 2017, so expired on 8th March 2018.

You may refer Fotolia Migration FAQs - https://stock.adobe.com/fotolia/login​ for more details.

Also, I see there is an issue in your account for which I am getting it checked by the concerned team and will be updating you about the same.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derik,

The bug in your account was causing your subscription to renew which you had already cancelled and we've just fixed it.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off. I do not remember ever seeing anything that said I only had a year to use my licenses or I would loose them. If I had known that, I would have used them all... obviously. In fact, I have spent many hours one the phone with Adobe Stock tech support managers over the last 5 times that this has happened to me, and they never once mentioned the one year limit, in fact the last Adobe tech support manager I spoke with said I would be able to use all of my images until I needed to rejoin and have a subscription. So, obviously even your tech support managers were unaware of this limitation.

Basically what you are telling me is this. Adobe's attorneys buried language in the agreement that any unused images/licenses from this deal go away after a year... you guys didn't say that up front to people when they were deciding to make the switch that this would happen, you just told people how many images/licenses they would have. And as this one-year date was drawing near, you didn't bother to let me, or I assume anyone else in this situation know that their deadline was coming up to use or loose these licenses.

So, Adobe as a company along with their attorneys, set up a situation where customers would loose what they had already paid for, at a specific date, and you didn't let people know that this one-year deadline was coming up because you knew people would use those licenses.

In this situation, Adobe plain and simply, is stealing—you work for a company that doesn't have a problem stealing from their customers (I mean honestly, why would there even be a one-year limit? I as a customer paid for my original Fotolia images, and you gave me matching amount of images for switching to Adobe Stock—so why should you take any of those away from me—even if it takes me more than a year to use them? Why would you even set up a situation where you are taking something from the customer that they have paid for? Adobe essentially set up a situation where you would come out ahead and your customer would loose.

If the situation was reversed, and you were the customer and I was the company—you would feel the exact same way. It's funny, but I seem to be able to make a living without stealing from my customers, or stealing from anyone else for that matter. And strangely enough, I never seem to spend any of my time trying to figure out how to stick-it to my customers.

I am so sick and tired of corporations burying language into their agreements (or changing agreements whenever they feel like it), that allow them to in essence, steal from their customers and basically get away with it because it is 'legal', but this kind of behavior is NOT right, it is NOT ethical, it is NOT moral, and it most certainly is NOT honorable. I thought that of all of the corporations Adobe was an honorable company that had ethics, morals, and values. Is that the case, or isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has still not been resolved. I need someone at Adobe to call me about this issue so it can be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has not been resolved to my (the customers) satisfaction. I have been a loyal Adobe customer for over 20 years, I would appreciate it (since I can't call anyone at Adobe about this isssue), that someone from Adobe call me so that this can be taken care of. I really don't appreciate having to spend hours, and hours, and hours of my time having to deal with this. I NEED SOMEONE TO CALL ME--OR YOU WILL LOOSE MY ADOBE STOCK BUSINESS FOREVER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derik,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please check your private message.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

This has not been taken care of yet

I received a call from someone named Shiva apparently from Adobe in India to discuss the situation, I missed the call and have to email him to set up another time, but he made it clear in his voice message that he has no idea what he is supposed to talk to me about. So basically you blind transferred me to someone else, without even bothering to make them aware of the situation, or even prepping them on what is going on. Further, from what I gathered from his voicemail, he doesn't appear to be a manager or someone in authority. Is he a supervisor or someone in authority at Adobe Stock? Or is he just a low level employee. If he is not a manager or supervisor, then you are just wasting my time. I need to speak to someone at Adobe stock, who has been appraised of the situation before I talk to them and who has the ability/authority to do something about this situation. Just having some random person at Adobe Stock call me who doesn't know anything about the situation is completely unprofessional, and has no customer service value whatsoever.

Regards,

Derik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Derik,

I just checked for the update on your issue and I believe a senior support agent was able to contact you and settle a resolution with you.

Let me know if you still have any issues.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started