• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock fraudulent charge - account fraud

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem started recently when I wanted to cancel my Adobe Stock Subscription. Firstly person on the support chat informed me that there is cancelation fee. Ok, probably I didn't noticed that... my fault, I was ready to stay with them for few more moths especially when I was offered 3 months free. So pretty much good deal (even if I thought that Its quite not fair that they're not informing clients strictly when we sign in). But suddenly I went to my bank account and noticed that adobe stock charged me 2 times in december 2017 for 29.99EUR. I asked support why... and then it all started. Here's part of chat transcription:

Ewa B: Last Charge was today

Ewa B: all of them was for 29.99 EUR

Ewa B: There were 3 of them (9.12.2017, 18.12.2017 and 08.01.2018)

Naveen: Thank you for the infroamtion.

Ewa B: Why I was charged even if I signed up for 30 days free trial?

Ewa B: Is it also something hidden in you terms?

Naveen: No .

Ewa B: I noticed I dont see this charge (from 18.12) in my adobe account

Naveen: Yes I have checked with my resources you were charged for adobe stock and creative cloud student teacher plan

Ewa B: What?

Ewa B: I didn't ordered any cc student teacher plan!

Ewa B: can you explain this to me?

Naveen: It is under this email address.

Ewa B: I dont know whose adress is it?

Ewa B: Its a fraud?

Ewa B: How come I dont see this in my account?

Ewa B: My email adress asociated with my account is

Naveen: you have the subscription of student teacher plan with this name.

Ewa B: No I dont

Ewa B: I don't know who  is

Ewa B: And I don't see any subscription of this plan

Ewa B: in my account

Ewa B: Im not owner of this email adress

Ewa B: that you gave me

Ewa B: please solve this out because im really concerned right now

Ewa B: Im afraid that somebody broke into my account

Naveen: Ok sure I will go head and cancel your subscription for you and you have stock under

Naveen: 

Ewa B: WHAT?

Ewa B: Its unbelievable

Naveen: so as per the best resolution I will go head and cancel your subscription for you

Naveen: I hope I am able to resolve your issue and you have only subscription under

Ewa B: please delete all my subscriptions

Ewa B: and give me money back

Ewa B: You are taking fraudulent charges from my card

Ewa B: And explain to me how did those people managed to do this?

Ewa B: And how come I do not see this in my Adobe Account?

Naveen: What best I can do for you is that I will go head and cancel your subscription and for you money please dispute the charges from your respective bank.

Ewa B: I must call my bank

Naveen: so shall I go head and apply 3 free months in your subscription under

Ewa B: Are you kidding me?

Ewa B: Somebody is taking charges from my card

Ewa B: And plans from my account

Ewa B: and is paying by my card

Naveen: Ok sure , please consult your bank

Naveen: As per the best resolution to your concern I will go head and cancel your subscription for you and you will get the cancellation email at your end.

Ewa B: Yes do this

It is pretty obvious that somebody broke into Your system and stole my card details - then bought subscriptions - the best thing is that I didn't even saw these plans in my Adobe Account - they were associated with different account & email adresses.

I had to call my bank and block my credit card, also I made complaint for 2 transactions taken by Adobe.

Now Ive got my card blocked, Im waiting for response from my bank about my complaint for these fraudulent charges ... sweet!

Also I've got full transcription of chat if someone would be interested...

One request for Adobe - just please for god sake secure your system better - it is unbelievable! It happened for me for the first time - Im always very careful when it comes to online payments. But this is nuts!

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

It appears that you used another Adobe ID/email to sign up for a 2nd subscription.  The support team are working to cancel and refund the charges associated with your subscriptions and will contact you with further information when completed.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ewa

Please accept my apologies for the misinformation provided by the agent.  The charges are related to accounts in your name, and not those of other users.

I will have someone contact you to explain further.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So You're telling me that I blocked my card for nothing?

If it wasn't fraudulent charge why I haven't seen this payment in my account, just like others? Now your support worker deleted my card info from my account and I don't see any payment history, is it normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that you used another Adobe ID/email to sign up for a 2nd subscription.  The support team are working to cancel and refund the charges associated with your subscriptions and will contact you with further information when completed.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please stop trying to convince someone that I used another Adobe ID to buy different subscription.

SOMEBODY has used different ID/email and my card details. Not me. That's the case!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ewa,

I apologize for the terrible support experience you had and for the issues you had to face with your Adobe account.

I have all the information here for your case and I'm working on it.

Please provide me sometime here to get the issues sorted for you.

Appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was overcharged as well, and they keep telling they did not.  Yet my account clearly says abode charges.  I sent the a screenshot and they still denied it, I am cancelling my membership.  I do not trust these guys as far as I throw them.  They blatantly ripped me off and just left it at that.  Customer service is a JOKE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert

This is being looked into - see Blatantly overcharged by adobe

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well. What can be done? Those at the call center cannot see the charges and tell me to dispute the charges with my bank. Second month in a row. At this point cancelling my membership and changing my credit card seems like the only option. Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Customer Care is the only possibility. But when those do not see the charge, it may well be that the charge comes from a different account. And that will not stop when you cancel your subscription.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Adding to this post for future forum visitors. Adobe has been no help. I've cancelled my card. Disputed charges with my bank as asked by Adobe. Keep being charged, even after cancelling credit card. Adobe cannot "see" the charge on their end or at least will not tell me why they are charging me. Every time we dispute with bank, adobe provides documentation to bank for charges- will not share that documentation with my company.

Poor service. Fraudulent service.

I've spent hours trying to get this straightened out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kim,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Have you tried contacting our support team? If yes, could you please share the case reference number so that we can look into the interaction and can further assist you?

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried contacting your support team – via call center, online chat, facebook and this forum. Here is one of the case numbers for reference.

ADB-5753276-Z2Y6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kim,

Please check your private message.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started