• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock image filtered as Vector isn't really a vector image.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently licensed an image that I wanted to modify in Illustrator. I filtered on Vector, verified the image type was .AI/.EPS, and licensed it. When I opened it in Illustrator, the file is actually just an image with a clipping mask applied, so it's useless to me. I can't find a way to return an image, which I can understand. Is there a way to report an image that doesn't do what is expected like this? If I wanted to hand draw or image trace, I would have just done that from the get go - I was looking for a headstart.

Thanks!

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Create New > Place Copy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi P.G.,

Please confirm that you are using Place Copy and not dragging the thumbnail to your work area. Drag and drop will give you an image with no layers.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am directly opening the original .AI file in Illustrator. Expanding the Layer palette, there are two items - a rasterized image and a clipping path masking that image. There is no vector art at all in the file. Link to the image on Stock: Poker Flush Hearts Cards Deck - Buy this stock vector and explore similar vectors at Adobe Stock | A...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi P. G.,

Yep, that's what I thought. If you create a new file within Illustrator and then open the Libraries Panel and select Downloads you'll see the file you licensed. From there open the context menu and select Place Copy. You'll see all of the components of the file selected and after you place the file you'll see multiple selectable layers in the Layers Panel.

Let me know if I'm not understanding what you're trying to do.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That file that you're showing is the one I licensed when the other one didn't work. The problem (non-vector) asset is file #65170436.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy shlamolie, I just went and opened up the other file to show you a screenshot, and it looks like...

I didn't actually buy it. I downloaded the preview copy. Those two buttons are so close to each other. So, this whole thread may be for naught. User error as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create New > Place Copy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, if I had actually purchased that one, I would have seen the layers. Bummer, because that's closer to the image I wanted to use, but I made the other one work.

User error FTL (for the loss).

Thanks for the double-check!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, awesome username. I worked at Adobe for 12 years, starting in testing, so I can appreciate! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I recognized you.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started