• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock image turns out NOT to be an Illustrator file.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought and downloaded an image that states in the title that it is a 'vector illustration'. After download, it turns out to be a .jpeg without transparency. I view this as FALSE ADVERTISING or at least very DISHONEST. How can I get my credit back?
adobe stock image: 273716738

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Hi M.,

The contributor erroneously added the keywords "vector illustration", but if you look at the details of the image it does show that this is a JPEG file. I've confirmd you licensed this asset and have granted you a replacement license for the asset.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its displayed as a vector but you can download a JPG from the same page. Maybe you selected the wrong format/licence by mistake?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, on this page (273716738) you can only download the jpeg. the AI file is a different license. I am a first time user and did not see that I was downloading the jpeg file. I think that's a great flaw in usability design from adobe.      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@PaintedKitty: You simply can't choose for a selected asset JPEG or VECTOR. If they exist, they are two different independent assets.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M.,

The contributor erroneously added the keywords "vector illustration", but if you look at the details of the image it does show that this is a JPEG file. I've confirmd you licensed this asset and have granted you a replacement license for the asset.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a first time user and did not see the 'jpeg' format. so it is totally my own fault but I wanted to comment on my 'user experience' anyway. I think it should be stated more clearly what kind of documents you can download for the same image. Why is the AI vector file of the same image a different license? And why is it not easier to find?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: It's not your fault, as EBQ said, the contributor made the error. But it is good practice to check the file format before buying, not to get surprised a second time.

Second: you can filter on vector images if you are interested only by vector images:Stock Filters.png

That also is a little bit tricky for first time users.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started