• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock image - when I try to download image it automatically asks me to licence Illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription to Adobe Stock and used to be able to download images without a problem. But suddenly, today, when I tried to download an image I am asked to licence Illustrator so that I can open the image. What has changed? Thanks for ANY help! Rita

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Hi Rita,

Sorry to hear that that you are facing issues with Adobe Stock services.

As Sheena Kaul​ mentioned earlier in her above post that vector files work the best with Illustrator only but can be used in Photoshop as a rasterised image.

However, if you do not have Illustrator, rather than subscribing the app you can always use the 7 day trial version(in order to use the vector file you have downloaded from Adobe Stock).

You may use this link to download the trial version of Illustrator: Download a free trial or buy Adobe products | Adobe free trials & downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rita,

This seems to be a strange behavior.

Can you please post a screenshot of the error message that you get? Does this happen with a single file or with other AI vector files as well?

Moreover, vector files work the best with Illustrator only but can be used in Photoshop as a rasterised image.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not an error message, but rather I'm asked to licence Illustrator after I sign in. Yes, I know that about vector files, but I don't want or need illustrator. I should note that this only happened after the recent update to Adobe Creative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RA,

Can you provide the ID of one of the files that is causing this behavior? I suspect it's not a jpeg and that's why you are getting the prompt to launch Illustrator.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no need or want for Illustrator, and could always download images in the past and open in my old version of Photoshop. And now I need to have the Illustrator app to open an image? In other words,  I am blackmailed into subscribing to another app. Time to say goodbye to Adobe Stock. I'm starting to see a lot of complaints with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rita,

Sorry to hear that that you are facing issues with Adobe Stock services.

As Sheena Kaul​ mentioned earlier in her above post that vector files work the best with Illustrator only but can be used in Photoshop as a rasterised image.

However, if you do not have Illustrator, rather than subscribing the app you can always use the 7 day trial version(in order to use the vector file you have downloaded from Adobe Stock).

You may use this link to download the trial version of Illustrator: Download a free trial or buy Adobe products | Adobe free trials & downloads

I would request you to share the File ID which you are referring to so that we can check why you get a prompt to launch Illustrator app (ideally you should be able to use the image in Photoshop as a raster). If there is a problem with the file, we can check that and can fix the issue.

In addition when you are downloading the file from Adobe Stock  please save the file to your desktop first and then open the file with Photoshop or Illustrator(trial version). Below is the screenshot:

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started