Adobe Stock: Libraries & Licensing

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Prior to licensing pictures that appear in an Adobe Library, I need to know that the images offer a "Standard" license.  I can not find that information from the "Library Panel" in any Adobe application.

My libraries are populated with previews from searches made long ago.  I do not know if the images require a standard or premium license.  Must I search for the image again to verify the license type in order to avoid being over charged for something I do not want?

Thank You,

AWN

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Stock

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out to the Stock team. If I understand correctly you want to know the type of license for a particular image prior to your purchase. Within the library panel of your application, if you right click on the thumbnail of the image, you get an option "view details on web". Once you click on that option you can find the details as below:

If I have missed something here, please update the thread so that we can further assist you.

Regards

Twarita

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

However, when I right-click an image in the Library Panel, I do not have the "view details on web" option.

I only have these options:

License Image

Find Similar

Edit

Share Link

Duplicate

Copy To

Move To

Rename

Delete

Sincerely,

Andrew

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update...

I double checked & there is not a "view details on web" option in the Adobe Library panel when I right click on an image that was saved from a previous search.

However, if I right click an existing image in the Library Panel that was saved from a previous search & then select "Find Similar" & then right click on the new search search results... then I do get the "view details on web" option.

At any rate, I am assuming the correct answer to the original question is as follows:

Yes, I must perform a second search

to get licensing information

to avoid being over charged

for something I do not want.

Not very convenient or user friendly in my opinion. 

I wonder how many people have been bit and got stuck with the cost of a premium license when they only wanted a standard license.

Sincerely,

Andrew

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew,

I understand your point here and thank you for sharing this valuable feedback. I will go ahead and share the feedback with our product team.

Regards

Twarita

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You Twarita!

I appreciate your feedback earlier.  That encouraged me to explore the Adobe Library Panel and Adobe Stock. 

As it turns out, I truly enjoy searching for Adobe Stock directly from the Adobe Panel. Pretty fun & very helpful stuff if you ask me!

Sincerely,

AWN

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines