Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock mockup (e.g. nursery room) as background for my own design poster

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I am not 100% sure if I understood right the licences and I want to be sure. I want to use Adobe Stock mockups (e.g. https://stock.adobe.com/de/images/mock-up-frame-in-boy-nursery-with-natural-wooden-furniture-3d-rend...) and put my own design poster in the frame to use it like product picture on my website and to make advertisement on social media. The poster I put in the frame is my own design and I dont want to sell the mockup picture of the e.g. nursery room.
Can I do so with the standard license? Can I use one mockup as a background for different posters buying only one standard licence? Can I use the free trial period images, too?

I understand it like: “if the background image is NOT the product I sell, neither the product I sell will be bought mainly because of the mockup picture, I can use the standard licence”. Am I right?

Thanks for your help! I want to be 100% sure because I dont want to get problems.
Thanks!
Sabine
TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Hi Sabine,

Adobe employees do not make other commitments to the licensing terms as what is on the web site. Infact they will point you to the licensing terms.

This said, I think, your interpretation is correct. Extended licenses are needed if you print the image on a T-shirt and sell the T-shirt. Exchange T-shirt with any item you sell, where the added value is the image. You are using the image to put your creations in and you sell your creations only and the image is used only for illustra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabine,

Adobe employees do not make other commitments to the licensing terms as what is on the web site. Infact they will point you to the licensing terms.

This said, I think, your interpretation is correct. Extended licenses are needed if you print the image on a T-shirt and sell the T-shirt. Exchange T-shirt with any item you sell, where the added value is the image. You are using the image to put your creations in and you sell your creations only and the image is used only for illustration. So you are good with a standard license.

And yes, you can use the 10 free images for this. Do not forget to cancel after acquiring the assets or you will have a one year committment.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms.html and https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/help/usage-licensing.html 
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the license terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I can not rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

thanks for your help! I do think the same way. Meanwhile I received an answer from Adobe that sais like "we dont give legal advices but your use should be okay". I think I will not receive more commitment from Adobe, but this is okay for me for now 😉 

But I am much more sure now, thanks to your answer, too.

Best regards,

Sabine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started