• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock One Year Subscription Scam

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I recently signed up for a one month free trial, and am now being charged $32 a month for a serviceI did not sign up for.  There is also a $158 fee to cancel.  I'm outraged.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

April,

I totally understand your concern, it might be possible that you have overlooked or was not aware of the terms and conditions while you signed up for the Adobe Stock subscription, however, as John mentioned in his above post that you need to contact our support team to check whether an exception can be made in this scenario(if any).

If you have troubles reaching our support team, please see Contact Support FAQ: Unable to reach support through the "Contact US" link

In case of any further que

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi April,

Sorry for the trouble it has caused to you, however, I have checked your account details and noticed that you have a Stock subscription 10 images a month(one-year) plan which was purchased on 27 Oct 2017. Under this plan, service begins from the moment that you activate this trial period by submitting your payment details. You will not be charged for the first month’s billing cycle. You’ll be charged the rate stated above, plus applicable taxes (such as value added tax when the stated rate doesn’t include VAT), every month starting with the second month’s billing cycle for the duration of your first annual contract.

If you cancel the service after the 14th day after the beginning of the second month’s billing cycle, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period.

For more information please refer to Legal subscription terms | Adobe

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s absurd and I did read anything about a cancellation fee.

Horrible business practice.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did read the Subscription Terms before you "clicked to agree" to the terms when buying a subscription? https://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html

This is a public forum, not Adobe support... click below to contact Adobe staff to help

While the forums are open 24/7 you may not contact Adobe support at all times

Chat help: Mon - Fri  5am - 7pm  (US Pacific Time) <=== NOTE DAYS AND TIME

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below

Creative Cloud support (all Creative Cloud customer service issues)

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that’s the case then why are so many people online complaining that this is on fact a scam?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I did read anything about a cancellation fee

Presuming you meant to write "I did NOT read..." you would not be the only person who "clicks to agree" without fully reading the terms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m sure many people have been tricked by this, and will pay your cancellation fee and then NEVER use any adobe products going forward. It’s bad business, as is your customer service.

You would rather have people pay the fee, instead of have lifelong customers?

Doesn’t make sense, and I’m clearly not the only one who was duped by the terms. Ok, I will pay your fee, but I will be sure to post on every social media outlet and every forum I can about your horrible business practice.

April

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, not Adobe support

Other users (like me) can't help with an account issue or Adobe's policies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April,

I totally understand your concern, it might be possible that you have overlooked or was not aware of the terms and conditions while you signed up for the Adobe Stock subscription, however, as John mentioned in his above post that you need to contact our support team to check whether an exception can be made in this scenario(if any).

If you have troubles reaching our support team, please see Contact Support FAQ: Unable to reach support through the "Contact US" link

In case of any further questions, feel free to update this thread.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s all been taken care of. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This leaves the worst taste in my mouth for any and all adobe products. Can you please waive the cancellation fee?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe are scammers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't cancel my subscription because I was in a car accident and I didn't even remember I did it. I accepted that I was stuck in this hostage situation where I would be penalized for canceling. However, I am low on funds as I'm recovering from my accident and I discovered that even though you pay the monthly subscription, they take them from you if you are late on the next month. I have 60 credits that I cannot use even though I've paid for them. It is a scam. It takes advantage of small business owners by taking your money and returning nothing. Audible and Paypal both lost a class action suit for taking advantage of things like this. I'm very disappointed because I've been a paid creative cloud subscriber for a long time. I tried to resolve and they refused to give me access to a product I paid for. So, if you have income fluctuations for any reason, they will take back everything you already paid for. Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi H.,
I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you have had. Please contact customer care for assistance with your issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully, agree very poor business practice! Wish we could inflate this issue to reacht the public... Dont get me wrong I love adobe products, but stupid, younger me, got lured into a very ridiculous contract! It's just absurd really!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a scam same thing has happened to me. I havnt used the product and been charged on three occasions. disgusting Im in debt at the moment and this hasnt helped. Now trying to get me to pay for the whole year for nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you scamming me and other people into a year contract and dont just do monthly. Its a crap service aswell no videos just images I can get from elsewhere. ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you come back with look at the terms and conditions rubbish have a look in the internet with what lots of others are saying.

I want a full refund and my contract cancelled which I didnt ask for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe have cancelled my contract and been reasonable. Please do consider month by month service Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started