• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock Subscription Scam

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a designer and I use many Adobe products and love them all but this experience has really left a bad taste in my mouth.

I signed up for a 1 month free trial of Adobe Stock. I thought I had cancelled the free trial (I have multiple Adobe accounts so perhaps I was on another account OR perhaps the cancel button was removed as I have heard in some cases) but it turns out I had been paying for the subscription for two months without knowing. My bad... so I go to cancel the service as I hadn't used it at all. 

I was then prompted to pay a $170 cancellation fee!!! When clicking the learn more link I was sent to a very generic cancellation page that didn't help explain anything. I then contacted customer service asking to cancel my plan. The rep I spoke to then tried to sell me on 3 months free if I stayed on my current plan... I said thanks but no thanks I have no use for the service. He is very pushy and tells me I am much better to go with the 3 months free and get something out of the service than throw my money away at cancelling...

Turns out when you start a 1 MONTH free trial with Adobe Stock you have 2 WEEKS to cancel or you get locked into a yearly subscription (paid monthly) which you then have to pay a 50% fee of the annual subscription to cancel. This is very misleading and poor business practice.

My reccomendation to anyone having the same issue is to raise the issue with your financial provider. I removed the automatic payment on PayPal. You could also go to the ombudsman (Australia). I informed Adobe that I would be doing this and magically they were able to waive the cancellation fee and cancel my subscription.....

The end.

TOPICS
Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out when you start a 1 MONTH free trial with Adobe Stock you have 2 WEEKS to cancel or you get locked into a yearly subscription (paid monthly) which you then have to pay a 50% fee of the annual subscription to cancel. This is very misleading and poor business practice.

By @studio-sachs

Your statement is wrong!

You can cancel your subscription anytime during your 30-days trial period and in addition, you keep the assets you have licensed during that time. After the 30-days trial period, you get invoiced and charged for your first paid month. Here you have 14 days to cancel free of charge and get a refund. Only after this, you have a one-year subscription to Adobe stock and if you cancel then, you get charged an early termination fee of 50% of the remaining due. You can cancel free of charge the last month of your subscription.

All of this is laid out in the terms and conditions that you agree upon when you start your subscription.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started