Adobe Stock Vector won't open in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have signed up for the free trial of Adobe stock and the very first vector I have downloaded won't open - it looks like it's opening, then just crashes Illustrator.

The image is AdobeStock_143351672.ai.  Is it corrupted?!

Thanks

Nicole

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. It crashes Illustrator or at least takes more than 5 minutes (that's the time it's using my CPU and having me starring at a white Illustrator window) to open...

Looping in KanikaS​ for cross checking and also may be offering an image credit, so that Nicole can acquire a different asset.

Just for the records: could you give your exact Illustrator version?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding so quickly!  I have Adobe CC and the version is 23.0.1 (64-bit).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still trying to open and memory use is rising. Let's see what Adobe says. In the meantime I would suggest you select a different asset may be also from a different author.

It may well be that the asset is so complex that it takes a little eternity to open. As I'm anyhow closing now my computer for the day, I can let it run for the night to see what happens... 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be right about it taking forever to open as it's complex - add that to the fact that I am so impatient that after 5 minutes I close Illustrator! 😉 

Thanks for your help so far and for leaving your computer running to check it out - that's really kind of you!

Hopefully Adobe will come back to us too.

Have a good evening!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also close after 5 minutes, but the computer has around 12 hours for its quest...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file opened. I'm currently saving it in the latest Ai file format. But I really think that the file is looking great but very heavy to work with. May be a stronger computer than mine could handle this file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again an update:

The file works but takes some patience to work with. All is depending on what you want to do with...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicole/Abambo

I tried to open the file at my end, it opens fine, however, takes time to open.

As Abambo said it's a heavy file to work with.

Nicole, let me know if you wish to have an additional license in case you don't want to use this file.

Thanks

Kanika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Abambo for all your hard work trying to sort this out for me, I really appreciate it!

Kanika, thank you also for confirming it does work but takes a while.  If I could please have an additional licence that would be much appreciated.

Have a great weekend both!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nicole, I have added an additional license to your account.

You too have a great weekend!

Thanks

Kanika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines