Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock Video Used in Corporate Video

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a question regarding licensing for a specific use-case, which I believe is within the use outlined by the license agreement.  However, there's been some confusion in the forums, and I haven't been able to find a clear answer, confirmed by Adobe staff.  Please note: I have read the Terms at length - please do not just refer me to the terms.

Here is my use-case:

I'm creating a corporate video for a client, and we want to make use of Adobe Stock videos footage for certain portions of the video (purchased with the enhanced license).  The Adobe Stock videos are used in the background of the corporate video as we show pertinent stats of the company, etc.  Where used, the stock clips are modified and form a part of the corporate video - not the entirety of the corporate video.  The corporate video will be displayed at their conferences, etc, and will be shown on their website, and potentially their social media accounts (Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter).  Important note: I'm not asking whether I can upload the unmodified work to these websites, the client would be uploading the completed corporate video, which only makes partial use of the raw stock video footage.

Question 1: Is all of the above acceptable use as outlined in the terms?

Question 2: On occasion, we update this corporate video to reflect statistics that have changed, etc.  Can I reuse these same stock video clips in the future corporate videos for this specific client?  Important note: I'm not asking if I can re-use the stock video for other clients, as I know this is not permitted.

Thanks,

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Hi Mark,

I apologize for the confusion.

You can definitely use the Adobe Stock footage which you license in the corporate video and then display it as per the corporate needs. We would you require you to add the credits whenever posting it to social sites.

The post above by Twarita states that you cannot directly use the Stock footage as it is on social media entirely.

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

If I understand your query- you are looking to use the stock clips for creating the videos which will be displayed on various portals. Unfortunately, the Stock video clips cannot be used on Social sites such as YouTube since the content becomes publicly accessible.

In addition, I would like to inform you that videos can only be purchased on demand.

You may also contact our support team Support FAQ: How can I contact Adobe for support? for more details.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions!

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mark,

I apologize for the confusion.

You can definitely use the Adobe Stock footage which you license in the corporate video and then display it as per the corporate needs. We would you require you to add the credits whenever posting it to social sites.

The post above by Twarita states that you cannot directly use the Stock footage as it is on social media entirely.

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started