• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe took 270$ from me.

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not sign up for the "free" month for anything Adobe. After a month I nothing was sent to my email account about charging my bank account because it was all done through paypal. I only noticed because I happen to log into my paypal account at the time adobe charged me for "Adobe Stock". It was then where I found out that I was being consecutively charged for every month I did not even use the service for, which in total was 9 months for 270$. I called their "customer service" and the best they could do was give me a refund for the month of February, because I didn't use the service. The guy on the phone even confirmed to me that I didn't use the Adobe stock for ANY of the months I paid for it for, because I didn't even know I had the service. This isn't right. I just checked my primary email, and there were 0 emails about any monthly payment being taken from me. IF that were the case I would have caught this 8 months ago.

Please tell it's possible to get my 270$ back.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

First, maybe I should say: I'm not working for Adobe and I'm a user as you are one. What I'm writing here is not an official statement of Adobe.

williamturner  wrote

After a month I nothing was sent to my email account about charging my bank account because it was all done through paypal.

No need for Adobe to send a mail, as it clearly states when you buy that the first month is free then charges X$/month. Also my Paypal account always sends me a message when something to pay is up in the queue.

williamturner

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, maybe I should say: I'm not working for Adobe and I'm a user as you are one. What I'm writing here is not an official statement of Adobe.

williamturner  wrote

After a month I nothing was sent to my email account about charging my bank account because it was all done through paypal.

No need for Adobe to send a mail, as it clearly states when you buy that the first month is free then charges X$/month. Also my Paypal account always sends me a message when something to pay is up in the queue.

williamturner  wrote

I did not even use the service for

I need to pay my cable subscription if I watch TV or not. That's not an argument. You made a contract, you got invoiced for having the possibility to use the contract. In addition, nine month is quite some time. That tells me that you do not check your invoices or your bank accounts.

Their customer service was quite very friendly to you, as you had a subscription for the year and they did not charge you the early termination fee.

Let me ask you a question: You took the subscription, entered your payment details, you forgot to cancel at time and now you are complaining because you do not monitor your expenses?

I wouldn't refund the 270$, but if you want to negotiate: Contact Customer Care

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started