• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Practice? - Opening on one computer automatically opens on another.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working from home, opening an Adobe stock photo in Illustrator for preview, and Illustrator automatically and simultaneously opened and was visible on the computer at work with the same image.

What do I need to do to prevent that from happening? Why is this happening?

Home = PC Desktop Windows 10

Work = PC Desktop Windows 7

It's one business license, 1 admin, 1 user > 2 computers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Hi Sheila,

It's happening because you are signed into the Creative Cloud with the same Adobe ID on both of your machines. Another workaround if you don't want to sign out of the Creative Cloud on your other machine, is to save the file to a library and then view the library from within your application on your local system. The Open In feature is what triggers the application to launch on both systems. I know it's mildly annoying as I've encountered this many times while testing features on the A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

More details - when I was home browsing Adobe Stock and selected a photo to preview in Illustrator - that action launched Illustrator on my desktop at home since I did not start the photo browse from within the application. At the same time, without being monitored or assisted in any way, Illustrator simultaneously launched at work with the same preview file I had just selected. It was as if the computer at work was mirroring the my computer at home. They are not connected by any network.

I share an unrelated Adobe Suite license with another party (completely separate from the one described above). I have never had that problem. I am signed in with the one ID licensed for two users in this case. We (the two users) are able to work independently at the same time without any conflict.

I thought maybe the issue was that I needed to sign out of the work computer until I compared it with the other instance of use. Would the admin plus one user be considered two users? Can one be on one computer as admin and another computer as a user and not have it mirrored?

Thanks for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheila,

It's happening because you are signed into the Creative Cloud with the same Adobe ID on both of your machines. Another workaround if you don't want to sign out of the Creative Cloud on your other machine, is to save the file to a library and then view the library from within your application on your local system. The Open In feature is what triggers the application to launch on both systems. I know it's mildly annoying as I've encountered this many times while testing features on the Adobe Stock website.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is simultaneously opening with no one there then it is nothing on Adobe's end. Adobe will never control your computer.

However, if you in fact meant that the same image was available on a computer elsewhere it is most likely that you are using the same Adobe ID for both computers and have the image in a library. If it is in a library it will be available on both computers.

Hope that helps. If not, perhaps you can provide more step by step details?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheila,

To prevent this you would need to sign out of the Creative Cloud on the machine that is not in use.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I thought maybe that was the issue. I'll try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started