Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bildnachweis, Social Media, Bildgrößen bei Onlinenutzung

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

bevor ich von Fotolia zu Abobe Stock wechsele, wäre ich für Antworten auf folgende Fragen dankbar:

1. Ich finde auf der Adobe-Stock-Website keine konkreten Angaben zur Platzierung des Bildnachweises. Ist dieser wie bei Fotolia am oder neben dem Bild zu platzieren?

2. Bei Fotolia gibt es hinsichtlich der Social-Media-Nutzung die Beschränkung, dass Bilder maximal mit der Breite/Höhe von 1.000 Pixel hochgeladen werden dürfen. Gilt diese Regelung auch nach der Kontoumstellung bzw. auf Adobe Stock?

3. Gibt es auf Adobe Stock tatsächlich die Einschränkung, dass ein bei Adobe Stock erworbenes Bild auf einer Website maximal in der Bildgröße von 2000 x 2000 Pixel angezeigt werden darf? Diese Information habe ich auf der Adobe-Stock-Website gefunden: https://helpx.adobe.com/de/stock/kb/adobe-stock-known-issues.html

Viele Grüße

Marie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Hi Amy,

Yes both the methods are ok.

And for the usage of the image there is no size limit.

Also, you can use any size of the image; there is no set restriction from our end.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amy,

I'll try to answer your queries as much as I understand.

1. I believe you're referring to the picture credits to be given when using the Adobe Stock file on any other work. We require a photo credit to be added only when using the image in an editorial article or for social media. When editorial images are used in print, websites, blogs, etc, you must include the credit line mentioned on the Adobe Stock website and contained in the IPTC credit line field. For example, “Agency Name/Author Name - stock.adobe.com."

2. Is this related to your file submissions as a Contributor?

3. It is the specified maximum size as per our analysis in which the image would appear fine. If you exceed this size restriction, the image might look pixelated and low in quality.

Let me know if I've misunderstood you.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

thank you very much for your fast reply. I´ll try to specify my questions in english.

1. Almost. I wanted to know how I have to include the credit line. Does it have to appear visible on the picture (for example in the bottom right corner) or can it be placed underneath or beside the picture? Are both these methods ok?

2. No, I wanted to know if there is a size-limit when I post a Adobe-Stock-picture on social media (for example Facebook or Instagram). Fotolia had defined the maximal allowed size of a picture posted on social media to be 1.000 x 1.000 pixel. In other words: You were not allowed to post a bigger size of the picture on social media. Is there a similar limit for Adobe-Stock-pictures used in social media posts?

3. Got it. So it´s only a recommendation. I was a little bit concerned because the words used "maximal zulässige Bildgröße" translate to "maximum allowed size of a picture", not "recommended size of a picture". Our website is getting a design-refresh that requires bigger pictures (maximal 2.434 x 1.310 pixel).

Regards,

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marieami45323424  wrote

1. Almost. I wanted to know how I have to include the credit line. Does it have to appear visible on the picture (for example in the bottom right corner) or can it be placed underneath or beside the picture? Are both these methods ok?

Yes, both methods are correct. The issue is to post the credits as required, but it is your decision to place them where it fits your needs best. For a Facebook posting, I personally would include the credit with the picture.

marieami45323424  wrote

2. No, I wanted to know if there is a size-limit when I post a Adobe-Stock-picture on social media

I'm not aware of a size limit. I suppose that the Fotolia license terms where meant to protect the original picture data and to provide pictures big enough for a specific use. Pictures bigger than the indicated size did use a lot of bandwidth anyhow, so it was not recommended to upload bigger pictures. But as technology advances and displays like the ones on the tablets are getting more and more performant, limitations like that become obsolete as the quality of the image degrades with lower resolutions (shown on higher resolution screens).

marieami45323424  wrote

3. Got it. So it´s only a recommendation. I was a little bit concerned because the words used "maximal zulässige Bildgröße" translate to "maximum allowed size of a picture", not "recommended size of a picture". Our website is getting a design-refresh that requires bigger pictures (maximal 2.434 x 1.310 pixel).

I agree with your first reading that it looks like on-line pictures are limited to 2k x 2k pixels.The text, however, has not been updated since Mai 2017. I find that help file quite inaccurate and may be a little outdated. I.e. the page refers to the "AOL browser" that is "currently not supported".

In the license terms I did not find a size-restriction for displaying stock images on a web site.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amy,

Yes both the methods are ok.

And for the usage of the image there is no size limit.

Also, you can use any size of the image; there is no set restriction from our end.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena and Abambo: Thank you very much for your help!!

Regards,

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kein Problem. Bei weiteren Fragen: immer wieder... 😉

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started