Can i use a picture with standard license in a mobile app?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i use a picture with standard license in a mobile app?

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samyam,

For starters, you might check out this page for more information on Adobe Stock licensing, Standard vs. Enhanced vs. Extended licenses, etc.:

License information and Terms of use | Adobe Stock

[Moving to Adobe Stock Forums]

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samyam,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

In mobile apps, you are intended to make a profit. So as per the requirement, you will be requiring an extended license since any asset from Adobe Stock which is intended to be used in merchandise or for reselling purpose requires an Extended license.

For more information on the licensing terms and restrictions, please refer to Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

If you are merging a few assets together and modifying them to create a design, then you may use a standard license.

I will request you to share some screenshots of your work so that I can assist you further(with the exact license type).

Regards,

Twarita

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Twarita,

Its for an opening page of the App.

The original image is

AdobeStock_93363450.jpeg

Planning to modify it and use it somewhat like this.

Opening.png

let me know if i still need to get extended license or standard license will just do?

Regards,

Samyam

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samyam,

Although you are using a part of the image(by cropping the image), I would suggest you to make a few more modifications if possible so that the use of standard license is legitimate here.

For example- Changing the colour settings, pattern etc. so that the final modified version of the image shows no resemblance with the original image.

Cropping the image only won't be considered as modifying the image and hence makes the usage of the extended license mandate(for the product which is intended to make a profit).

Regards,

Twarita

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification Twarita.

I will try and modify the image a little bit. If I don't like the modification I will go with the extended license.

Regards,

Samyam

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines