Can I use still shots from an Adobe stock video legally?

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I wonder if anyone can answer this question.  We have recently purchased a number of videos from Adobe stock and my client has asked is we can take stills from the video for web use.  Would we still be licensed to use the images?  It's not our preferred solution but we cannot find photos on adobe stock with the same actors.  Thanks in advance.

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

Kindly have a look at at our terms and conditions. These will answer your questions regarding the licenses and how they can be used:

https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Additional_Terms_en_US...

Thanks

Kanika

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything in the license terms that would forbid you to extract pictures from the video to use as still images. The quality is probably not the best, but for web views and even print in moderate size that would be ok, if you do not grab a fast move...but that is a different task.

I suppose that you consulted the Adobe stock (additional) terms: https://www.adobe.com/go/stockterms_uk

(FYI: I'm not an Adobe employee and I do not give legal advice here, but I read, specifically for you, again the terms. So all I say is my opinion based on my experience.)

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines