Can I use the images after I canceled my membership?

New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

After downloaded Adobe Reader in my new laptop, a popup came up asking me if I would like to trial Adobe Stock for free for the first month. I found the offer quite tempting and I subscribed. I've downloaded 10 stock images and canceled my membership after that (please don't judge me for this).

Questions:

1. can I use those images for one of my websites which is owned by a company where I am a shareholder and director?

2. Is the standard license of those images valid if I never paid membership?

Thanks

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Stock forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

No. You can use your available licenses as long as your membership is active, but you forfeit any unused licenses upon cancellation of your membership.

Please see Common Questions, Adobe Stock

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena,

Thanks for your reply. I am wondering if someone will use an image from AdobeStock for a book cover...Do they have to pay memberships for tens of years? This can apply to websites and apps. Can you please send me the link where I can find this information?

Stefan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefan, please see the terms for Extended license for such use on Stock FAQ: What are Extended licenses?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

One clarification is if you're using an image to create a derivative physical asset for resale (e.g. t-shirt, mug, book) then you need an extended license. Those are not included in the free trial, which only includes a standard license. You'll need to purchase an extended license for your desired image(s).

If your book is a digital-only ebook, then you're fine with the standard license.

For more details, see http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Terms-en_US-20170501_2200.pdf

With both standard and extended licenses, once you've licensed a specific asset, the license is in perpetuity.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena, My licenses are standard. I don't have any extended license and is not written anywhere that I have to keep my membership active while I am using the images. I am willing to pay for the images if need, but I will not have a membership "for life" with AdobeStock...It doesn't make any sense to me...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you have licensed an asset, the license is permanent. You can use the assets you buy regardless of your membership status.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great! Coming back to my initial question: Can I use the images if I obtained the license in my free trial period?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, once you license the image you will still have access to it after you've canceled your subscription. However unused licensed credits will no longer be available after you cancel your subscription.

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone!

I already uploaded the images on my new website Is looking much better now

I am just wondering: If Adobe will find my website and ask for the image licenses: Can I be in trouble if I own 50% of the company who owns the website? Or...in order to use the licenses...the website should be in my name (as individual). The domain of the website is in my personal name (not the company). Is this enough?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

We just need to know if the image was licensed or not.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

The images was licensed on my personal account. I just want to make sure I will not be in trouble using them on my website

Thanks

Stefan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great!

Thanks Sheena!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to pause your adobe stock monthly recurring membership and then resume it so that you can come back and reuse your unused licenses? It right now seems like a very forced license consumption plan which might not align with someone's sporadic artistic needs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jastner,

There isn't a way to pause a subscription. You might consider purchasing credit packs though. You can buy as few as 5 credits and they are good for one year. You can use them to buy any of the assets available on the Adobe Stock website. You'll find more info about them here: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/help/credit-packs.html and they can be purchased from the plans page: https://stock.adobe.com/plans#get-credits

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In March my adobe stock subscription will be renewed. Same as Jaster I won't be needing 10 assets a month so I would like to end my subscription.

BUT at the moment, I still have 72 assets available. And I wouldn't want them to be lost. So, my question is, can I unsubscribe Adobe Stock and still use the assets throughout the year? Since I've paid every month the fee I would hope I could still 'use them up'.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena!

Having read this thread, I can see that there was an initial misunderstanding that got cleared towards the end of the message history. 

I am in the same shoe and wonder that you confirm the same to me, so I don't run into user rights issues. 

I too have downloaded assets with my personal account during the trial period. During this time no payment was made. Most probably the trial will run out and I will cancel my subscription without making any payment at all as I cannot see the need to pay monthly fees if I needed only a few pics.

Question : Will I be able to use the already licensed assets (downloaded legally) even after I cancel subscription? I am aware that unused assets will be lost. But the "purchased" assets - even if not paid for due to being in trial mode - can be used legally on my company website forever which is unrelated to my personal account?

Please confirm that - in the event of questioning - if I present the licenses to Adobe which I obtained during trial period will be sufficient to confirm the righteous usage of those pics even after the termination of the trial period ending without payment?

Please confirm the above.

Many thanks for your help!

Best Regards,

Zsolt 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your licensed assets will continued to be available after you cancel.

This question has been answered multiple times in this community. Locking this thread.

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines