Can I use the images after I canceled my membership?

New Here ,
May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

After downloaded Adobe Reader in my new laptop, a popup came up asking me if I would like to trial Adobe Stock for free for the first month. I found the offer quite tempting and I subscribed. I've downloaded 10 stock images and canceled my membership after that (please don't judge me for this).

Questions:

1. can I use those images for one of my websites which is owned by a company where I am a shareholder and director?

2. Is the standard license of those images valid if I never paid membership?

Thanks

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Can I use the images after I canceled my membership?

New Here ,
May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

After downloaded Adobe Reader in my new laptop, a popup came up asking me if I would like to trial Adobe Stock for free for the first month. I found the offer quite tempting and I subscribed. I've downloaded 10 stock images and canceled my membership after that (please don't judge me for this).

Questions:

1. can I use those images for one of my websites which is owned by a company where I am a shareholder and director?

2. Is the standard license of those images valid if I never paid membership?

Thanks

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

May 16, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Stock forum.

Translate

Translate

May 16, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

May 16, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

No. You can use your available licenses as long as your membership is active, but you forfeit any unused licenses upon cancellation of your membership.

Please see Common Questions, Adobe Stock

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

May 17, 2017 1
New Here ,
May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena,

Thanks for your reply. I am wondering if someone will use an image from AdobeStock for a book cover...Do they have to pay memberships for tens of years? This can apply to websites and apps. Can you please send me the link where I can find this information?

Stefan

Translate

Translate

May 17, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefan, please see the terms for Extended license for such use on Stock FAQ: What are Extended licenses?

Translate

Translate

May 17, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

One clarification is if you're using an image to create a derivative physical asset for resale (e.g. t-shirt, mug, book) then you need an extended license. Those are not included in the free trial, which only includes a standard license. You'll need to purchase an extended license for your desired image(s).

If your book is a digital-only ebook, then you're fine with the standard license.

For more details, see http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Terms-en_US-20170501_2200.pdf

With both standard and extended licenses, once you've licensed a specific asset, the license is in perpetuity.

Translate

Translate

May 17, 2017 1
New Here ,
May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena, My licenses are standard. I don't have any extended license and is not written anywhere that I have to keep my membership active while I am using the images. I am willing to pay for the images if need, but I will not have a membership "for life" with AdobeStock...It doesn't make any sense to me...

Translate

Translate

May 17, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you have licensed an asset, the license is permanent. You can use the assets you buy regardless of your membership status.

Translate

Translate

May 17, 2017 0
New Here ,
May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great! Coming back to my initial question: Can I use the images if I obtained the license in my free trial period?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

May 17, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Translate

Translate

May 17, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, once you license the image you will still have access to it after you've canceled your subscription. However unused licensed credits will no longer be available after you cancel your subscription.

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

May 24, 2017 1
New Here ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone!

I already uploaded the images on my new website Is looking much better now

I am just wondering: If Adobe will find my website and ask for the image licenses: Can I be in trouble if I own 50% of the company who owns the website? Or...in order to use the licenses...the website should be in my name (as individual). The domain of the website is in my personal name (not the company). Is this enough?

Translate

Translate

May 24, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

We just need to know if the image was licensed or not.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

May 31, 2017 0
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started