Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t remove grey checked background from translucent vector files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I purchaced #114122981 and #114123812 years ago for a project that went on standby. I am ready to start it now but no longer have illustrator, I'm now on affinity designer on my ipad. This file says its eps and opens as an embedded document in affinity designer. When I double click this and go into the layers panel, it shows two groups, there is no background later to turn off so I'm not sure what to do with these files, I need a translucent background and not a grey chequerboard one.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Hi robing65081599,

The files can be opened in Illustrator and the checkered background can be removed. I know you don't have Illustrator currently but that is the best way to open the file and get what you want from it. You could download a trial version of Illustrator and remove the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robing65081599,

The files can be opened in Illustrator and the checkered background can be removed. I know you don't have Illustrator currently but that is the best way to open the file and get what you want from it. You could download a trial version of Illustrator and remove the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, yes this helped

Regards
Robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started