• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't remove 'transparent' checkered background

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought this image, and have spent the last 2 days pulling my hair out to remove the supposedly checkered background. I spent $30+ on a month worth of Adobe Illustrator, because that was supposed to allow me to do it, but the layers will not separate.  Please help.

AdobeStock_131068066.jpeg

Yellow sticky note isolated on transparent background. Template for your projects. Vector illustrati...

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Hmm, the description is actually a complete misrepresentation. There really needs to be a cleanup of such deceptive work, and the moderation process - so hot on finding color fringing or artifacts in photos - needs a similar level of diligence on descriptions. Or so it seems to me.

It says: "Yellow sticky note isolated on transparent background." No it isn't, of course it isn't as it is only available as JPEG. Curiously the artist has also made a number of pieces of work as AI files. So it may b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format did you download? Did you download an EPS? Then yeah you should be able to get to the correct layer in the layer's box located in the windows menu. If not, then its been rasterized. If you downloaded a JPG, then that one is just one image, no layers.

Over all I really don't know why fellow illustrators think that this will give them more of an advantage when all that does is just aggravates potential users of your products. Best to give them a product with out visual fillers.

Just my two cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, thanks. The only option was a JPG, which I thought was odd, but trusted the description (hand slapping forehead).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, the description is actually a complete misrepresentation. There really needs to be a cleanup of such deceptive work, and the moderation process - so hot on finding color fringing or artifacts in photos - needs a similar level of diligence on descriptions. Or so it seems to me.

It says: "Yellow sticky note isolated on transparent background." No it isn't, of course it isn't as it is only available as JPEG. Curiously the artist has also made a number of pieces of work as AI files. So it may be a mistake by the artist that the moderator should have caught.

It says "Vector illustration." and of course it isn't that either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @dianec80149528,

Thanks for reporting this. I am sending the file to the content team for review and I've granted you a replacement license so you can choose another file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started