Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save to library from Stock website

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 6.32.53 PM.png

Having a problem where I can't save to a CC Library from the website. I'm able to search, license and add to a Library directly from InDesign, but when searching via the website, I'm getting the error above (I blacked out the Library name). I've tried both Chrome and Safari, no luck.

Wondering if this may be because I recently switched accounts? I tried deleting CoreSync because that was stuck for a while, seems fine now. The Library I'm trying to save to was created by exporting the one on my previous account and importing into the new one. I'm not sure how the mechanics between saving to a Library from the website work, I assumed it was behind the scenes web magic, but wondering if there's some preference confusion happening on my system with my old account, PS/AI/Indd all seem to working fine. Any other suggestions?

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

There are a few reasons you might be getting that error. Is it only one library or all libraries?

• Poor internet connection, try connecting to a different network and see if that fixes the issue.
  • If you have more than 1000 assets in a library this can prevent new items from being added. Try adding the file to a new library if you can.
  • If any of the files in your library is named with an invalid character it will prevent you from adding new items to the library. View your library: https://assets.adobe.com/libraries

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have access to this library from the https://assets.adobe.com/libraries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it shows up there, I'm the owner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few reasons you might be getting that error. Is it only one library or all libraries?

• Poor internet connection, try connecting to a different network and see if that fixes the issue.
  • If you have more than 1000 assets in a library this can prevent new items from being added. Try adding the file to a new library if you can.
  • If any of the files in your library is named with an invalid character it will prevent you from adding new items to the library. View your library: https://assets.adobe.com/libraries and check your file names. If you don't see anything that stands out try moving or copying the files in the affected library to a new library to narrow down the culprit. Unfortunately Windows and Mac have different characters that are acceptable for file naming. What works on one system may not work on the other.

Please update this thread with what you discover. Your feedback can be helpful to others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't aware there was an asset limit - I think we're at about 1000 assets, so that may be the problem? I'm still able to add to the library while working within InDesign, just not through the Stock website. On the site, is there a way to change the default library it's saving to before trying to add? I seem to be stuck with my 'full' library being the default because I just get the error message and no other options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can help you with that. Go to the Adobe Stock libraries on the website and there is an empty library at the end of all of your libraries on the page. Create a new library there. Once you do that the new library will be your default library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that worked and I'm able to save to the new library - still mystified by my original library not cooperating, but good to be back in business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does sound like you may have maxxed it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any idea why I can only get away with 1,000 if the help doc says 10,000?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/libraries.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started