Can't upgrade standard licence to extended license

New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already bought two picture files with standard license and now want to buy same pictures with extendeed licenses. Cannot do that. Just having this error-message (attachment). What would be wrong and how I resolve this? Have to have extended license 'cause we desided to use this pictures on book cover.

TOPICS
Licensing, Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't upgrade standard licence to extended license

New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already bought two picture files with standard license and now want to buy same pictures with extendeed licenses. Cannot do that. Just having this error-message (attachment). What would be wrong and how I resolve this? Have to have extended license 'cause we desided to use this pictures on book cover.

TOPICS
Licensing, Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a payement issue, there is no problem to license one asset under a standard license abd the same asset under an extended license. You will have 2 different products that can be used independantly one from the other according to the respective limitations. Technically you are buying a new license, you are not upgrading the existing one.

I suggest to contact Adobe customer care on the payement issue: Adobe customer care can be contacted here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html - click the small callout at the lower right of the screen and type "agent".

Edit: is the book cover the primary value of your book or do you have a print run of more then 500k? Only if you answer one or the other with YES then you need an extended license. For me, a book cover is a nice add-omn, but I buy books, because I'm interested in the content! So the primary value is the content... except if it is a picture book for sure, wheree I would buy the book for the nice pictures. Kind of a difference between writing a thriller or doing a calendar.

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Abambo your answer. I didn't know that what you text in your edit-message. I always buy extended licence when I sell product where pic is. Even if it is on cover or inside the book. Good to know. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susa000000,
I'm sorry you are having issues with your purchases.  I would need additional information in order to learn more about the error that you are seeing. There are many different reasons this error can occur.

Can you please try the steps below?

Please use Chrome for these steps.
1. Clear the browser history.
2. Click on and select More Tools > Developer Tools - This opens the browser console.
3. Click on Network and check the box for Preserve log
4. Reproduce the issue.
5. In the browser console you will see an error, it will show as red text. You may need to scroll up to see it.
6. Click on error in the Name column. This will open the Headers information.
7. Select and copy all of the information under the Headers tab and paste it into a direct message to me.
8. There may be additional error information under the Preview tab, please copy and send that to me also.

This information will help me review our logs and help you troubleshoot the issue.

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you EBQ

I've got so many red lines so I took screenshot for you. I clear the browser history and try to purchase one picture. Here is what happened.Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 16.01.10.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susa000000,

The info I'm looking for is under Network to the right of the Console tab you are on. You may have to scroll to see the error.

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started