Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancel stock plan

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I saw an amount deducted from my credit card payments for adobe stock.

I can't remember i've sign up for this because i thought i had 10 images for free.

I would like to cancel this membership but unfortunately high costs are involved. How can I solve this?

Kind regards,

Deborah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that.

I have checked your account details and noticed that you had signed up for Adobe Stock 10 images per month(one-year) plan on 7th November 2018. The subscription has been suspended and that is the reason you are unable to self- cancel your plan.

Please reach out to our support team Support FAQ: How can I contact Adobe for support?  for further assistance.

In case you are unable to reach our support through the above-mentioned link, please see Contact Support FAQ: Unable to reach support through the "Contact US" link

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same happened to me, just that I tried to cancel my plan already in December which apparently didn`t work so that now I had to cancel it again and was told that I have to pay 200 Euros in total for my "free test month".

I am shocked about the methods that Adobe uses to trick loyal customers into useless adhesion contracts!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sinam15931195  wrote

The same happened to me, just that I tried to cancel my plan already in December which apparently didn`t work so that now I had to cancel it again and was told that I have to pay 200 Euros in total for my "free test month".

I am shocked about the methods that Adobe uses to trick loyal customers into useless adhesion contracts!!!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I wanted to cancel the plan but the "cancel" button is not visible on my page.

I am very surprised that a "serious" or better said established company like Adobe making some tricks to get paid!

How can I cancel my subscription??

Regards,

Dr. Drobek.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that.

I have checked your account details and noticed that you had signed up for Adobe Stock 10 images per month(one-year) plan on 7th November 2018. The subscription has been suspended and that is the reason you are unable to self- cancel your plan.

Please reach out to our support team Support FAQ: How can I contact Adobe for support?  for further assistance.

In case you are unable to reach our support through the above-mentioned link, please see Contact Support FAQ: Unable to reach support through the "Contact US" link

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - and nobody to help at the moment.  I want to cancel my plan - I didn't' even realise I was signing up for 12 months - that's how dodgy your company is - so please help me stop it now.

It ends on 25th March 2019 there is NO WAY I want you to have another 12 months worth of my money.

thanks

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary,

Go to your plans on adobe.com and look for manage my plan. You will find the cancel option there.

How to cancel your Adobe Creative Cloud plan or membership

As for your remark concerning you not realising what subscription you took: The Adobe conditions are very clearly indicated. I’ve looked into subscription terms that were much more « dodgy ». With Adobe you get a summary of the conditions near the subscription button and the full of the conditions with a link.

Be sure to use all your credits before cancelling, they will be no more available after the cancel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option does not come up on my screen Abambo - that's why I am so unhappy today.  I have been trying to chat to somebody on the web and it is ridiculously slow.  can't speak to anybody, OBVIOUSLY, so you are the first person that has acknowledged me after 30 mins of trying. 

Actually the webchat has finally acknowledged my 13 attempts to engage, by offering my a further 3 free months.........you couldn't make it up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: I’m a user, not Adobe.

So you were able to cancel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary,

Sorry to hear that.

I have checked your account details and noticed that a support agent has already helped you in cancelling your Adobe Stock website and have also waived off the termination fee as an exception.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I (the topic starter) had the same issue as Mary. Unfortunately, 181 euro was charges to me for cancellation...

Why can no exception be made here?

Kind regards,

Deborah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deborah - my sympathies - these "plans" are confusing and misleading - and apparently its all my fault that I signed up for a 12 month plan I had no idea about?!   Anyway - there should not have been a cancellation fee for me, despite what has been said, as my 12 months were up for which I had paid in full.   I just didn't want to be hoodwinked into another 12 months without proper explanation at the outset, which is what had initially happened to me.

Good luck with sorting it out.  I always though Adobe were a reputable company, so have no idea why they need to resort to these sort of tactics to get money out of people.    If you didn't realise what you had done, surely they should do the decent thing and let you out of it?

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marym7503026  wrote

Deborah - my sympathies - these "plans" are confusing and misleading - and apparently its all my fault that I signed up for a 12 month plan I had no idea about?!   Anyway - there should not have been a cancellation fee for me, despite what has been said, as my 12 months were up for which I had paid in full. 

May I prove you wrong? First screen when you take the subscription:

Click view all plans, second screen:

Third screen after clicking "Free 1 month trial":

3 Times "Annual Commitment", three times "First month free", tree times "then 30€/month".

As you are taking an annual commitment, you should read at least during the first month the terms and conditions, as you confirm by "Place Secure Order" that you agree with them. Just for you to note: Up to now, I did not enter my payment information, so I can not yet being debited.

Now look at the "Terms&Conditions":

...and I still do not have passed a subscription. I know what I subscribe and what the terms are.

I'm well aware, that some users do not read the terms and conditions, do not read annual commitment, do not read "Cancel the first month", but they read free. That's human and gets me also sometimes. But as soon as I enter my credit card data, I need to be sure that as long as a service is free, I do not need to enter payment info. Ergo: at some time I get charged.

Now I'm happy that Adobe did wave the early termination fee in your case. But as of your own saying, your one year contract ends in March, and the cancel went effective for the 25th. of February which would still be one month to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You bought an annual 10-images-stock-subscription, first month free, cancel without any risk (during the first month).

If you get charged just now, you still can cancel without fee during the first 14 days of your second month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel sick. So very sick. In years past, I have always been able to cancel additional plans with no problems. Now, I am facing a horror I thought I would never have to face with such a wonderful company. Cancelation of a plan costing 2 times more ... that's 2 Times more than the monthly charge. So now I am facing that charge, charges from my bank .. To purchase an additional 10 stock photos. An act based on trust. I thought I was doing the right thing in the right way. Fees for this, fees for that .. it's a punishment for loyalty and trust.

Severely punished, by the time all these fees come out of my little income, I will have nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with you. In my case, I am being charged 6X my monthly subscription cost, just for cancellation.

Not expected from a renowned company like Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated in the cancellation terms of your annual plan, you will be charged half of the remaining due for early cancellation. Why is this. Well, you promised to stay with Adobe for a year at least, and so Adobe deploys resources and manpower accordingly. If you leave early, you have to idemnify Adobe for this. It's clearly stated in the terms that you agreed upon when taking the subscription. 

See here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-discussions/cancel-stock-plan/m-p/10384423#M41159

and herem https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-discussions/cancel-stock-plan/m-p/10384412#M41148

I can agree with you, that it is annoying, when you didn't read the terms, but you cannot blame Adobe for doing what has been announced and what is part of your contract with Adobe. 

What you can blame Adobe for, is that they put the annual plan prominently in front, but I think that that also changed recently, and you now have a three-radio-button choice of "annual, paid by the month", "annual, prepaid", and "monthly" subscription. 

You have my answer here, on what to do, but you find also the same answer quite a lot in the fora. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All began when I have been an advertisement about the new Adobe Stock Photos and a one month free trial for that product.

I gave it a try without having any opportunity to go through or download any picture since I enrolled for that trial. When I realized that I was charged after the trial period expired, I was really upset, but I recognized that it was clearly stated into the email notification that I noticed only when the trial period expired.

Then I tried to contact Support team but no phone number is provided or even an email address I can use fro dispute and ask for a refund.

Being so disappointed, I decided to go and to cancel the subscription right away, and I did it so fast, that again I did not believe what I’ve seen, afterward.

There was like a $160 early cancellation fee that was neither enough emphasized on the cancellation page nor even mentioned within the company's email notification.

I can't believe it that such a misleading and non sense situation may come from a very well respected and reputed company like Adobe.

It is also an acceptable situation that I would certainly dispute through any channel or mean available to protect consumers'.rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kamel,

Please see That Trial Subscription Seems Like A Fraud To Me. for further clarification on the issue.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same situation got me to this thread.

I am very sure that when I signed up for Adobe Acrobat Pro subscription, I was led to believe that I am signing up for monthly subscription and that I can cancel it anytime I want.

Adobe has adopted these sleight, under-handed techniques to get customers to pay them for a full year.

I have not even finished 1 month and now when I have to cancel, I am being asked 6,580.86 which is a whopping lot.

I did not see any conspicuous message anywhere while signing up which said - "This is a 1-year plan, paid on a monthly basis."

Can Adobe help me waive off the cancellation charges?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should start to read the correct answer in this thread, and your question would have been answered. 

You could also go here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started