Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancellation Fee and Refund

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used to be a happy subscriber to the One Dollar Photo service. Last year, Adobe bought One Dollar Photo, which became Adobe Stock. Shortly after, I received an email saying that the monthly fee -- which I'd been paying for about a year -- would remain unchanged, at $9.99/mo.

Then, a month ago, I noticed strange charges from Adobe. At first, I thought it had something to do with CC, as I WAS a subscriber to the full suite (more on that in a moment). But it wasn't. Turns out -- without my consent, and with no prior notification -- not only had the monthly fee skyrocketed to more than triple ($32.91) what it had been, but when I tried to cancel, Adobe wanted to charge me $112 dollars to cancel.

I was dumbfounded. Did Adobe warn me they were going to do this, despite their earlier assurance the service would continue at the same price? I searched my email for any sign of a notice that I was going to be renewed. Nope, nothing. Not one word.

This is completely unacceptable. I have only licensed a single photo from the service since it has been Adobe Stock, and that was well before the price soared. I expect a refund of all fees since Adobe Stock autorenewed at this new price, and an immediate cancellation of my account without incurring any penalty fees. I attempted to talk with a customer service agent through live chat and the agent didn't even seem to understand my issue. Hopefully, this message is clear enough.

Frankly, what Adobe has done here is particularly insidious, and not what I've come to expect from a company I've otherwise happily partnered with for years.

Please correct this situation. I'm sure I won't need to take this matter further.

Thanks,

Kelly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Hi Kelly,

Earlier for DPC customers the charge $9.99 was a migration offer. At present, you can see a  change in the pricing because your plan has been renewed from the month of April 2017. Notification regarding renewal and any changes in the renewal rates are always notified beforehand. It could be possible that it has gone in the junk emails.

Also, I would like to let you know that as you have purchased a plan with annual commitment and that is the reason you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelly,

Earlier for DPC customers the charge $9.99 was a migration offer. At present, you can see a  change in the pricing because your plan has been renewed from the month of April 2017. Notification regarding renewal and any changes in the renewal rates are always notified beforehand. It could be possible that it has gone in the junk emails.

Also, I would like to let you know that as you have purchased a plan with annual commitment and that is the reason you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period.

Kindly go through Legal subscription terms | Adobe for more details.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional query.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Twarita,

Thanks for the timely reply.

First, I was not sent a notice regarding the ridiculous fee increase (and it is indeed, and absolutely, ridiculous; suddenly tripling a monthly fee is an ugly, avaricious move). I received no email mentioning the fee increase. And no, there wasn’t an email — any email — from Adobe in my spam folder or “junk email” folder.

Most importantly, I never consented to allow Adobe to lock me into an annual contract at $32.91 per month. I barely use the service. I downloaded a single image back in April — that’s the extent of my recent use.

I refuse to let Adobe bully me into an obligation I did not consent to.

1. Please cancel my account immediately.

2. Please refund all fees since Adobe Stock auto-renewed at the higher price.

If you are unable to do this, please put me in touch with someone who can.

Thanks.

Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelly,

I understand your concern, however, as per policy, your contract renewed after a year. Would you please PM me your contact number, so that I can arrange a callback for you?

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this thread!  The same thing happened to me also. They committed me to an annual contract without my consent.  It sounds like this is a new business practice. They gave me a free trial, which I was thankful for, and then they switched me to an annual contract, which I did not consent to.  I think I need to contact someone locally for help though.  Saying there's a free trial and then not mentioning explicitly that if you don't cancel by the end of the trial there will be an annual contract isn't cool.  That's very 80's long distance phone company kind of business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Geoffrey,

Sorry to hear that you are facing troubles with your Stock services. I did go through your account details and noticed that you have an Acrobat Pro DC subscription under the Adobe ID shared in the forums. There might be a different Adobe ID under which you have signed in for Adobe Stock. Can you please share that in a private message so that I can further assist you.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started