Cannot open ai properly with photoshop

Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is in regards to Adobe Stock image #259180460. It says that the image is available in ai and eps formats, but all it only seems to download in ai format. I have photoshop, but not illustrator. I have opened many ai files in photoshop with no problem. When I try to open this one in photoshop, it appears extremely pixelated, as if very small, even though the proportions are actually quite large. I re-downloaded it two more times, same result.

I've tried opening it in Inkscape, and tried three different online converters, nothing works. I do not plan on getting Illustrator. Prehaps the file is corrupted. Not sure what to do.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Licensing, Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot open ai properly with photoshop

Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is in regards to Adobe Stock image #259180460. It says that the image is available in ai and eps formats, but all it only seems to download in ai format. I have photoshop, but not illustrator. I have opened many ai files in photoshop with no problem. When I try to open this one in photoshop, it appears extremely pixelated, as if very small, even though the proportions are actually quite large. I re-downloaded it two more times, same result.

I've tried opening it in Inkscape, and tried three different online converters, nothing works. I do not plan on getting Illustrator. Prehaps the file is corrupted. Not sure what to do.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Licensing, Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi philips46992450,

It can be opened in Illustrator directly or you can open Photoshop and choose Place Embedded... or Place Linked... from the File menu to use it there.

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2020 1
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, EvilBugQueen1, thanks for the reply.

I tried using Place Embed and Place Linked, but I end up with the same result. What I did: I created a new 5000x5000 pixel file, chose Place Embed, selected the ai file, and it did place it on the canvas, but as a 147x56 pixel layer. I tried resizing it before placing, but the result was exactly the same as you would expect when drastically upsizing a tiny image: extreme pixelation. Same with Place Linked. Tried several times, same result.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2020 0
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ai files oly open properly in Photoshop if the PDF data is properly embedded. Open the Illustrator file with Acrobat reader if you do not have Illustrator and report back. If you have Illustrator, open in Illustrator and save as a new file properly embedding the PDF data.

Abambo
via mobile phone.
Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2020 1
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Abambo. I tried opening it in Acrobat Reader, but it said it couldn't open it because either it was not a supported file type, or the file was damaged. I tried changing the extension from .ai to .pdf, same error message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi philips46992450,

I've confirmed the issue and have granted you a replacement license. I'll report the asset to our content team for review.

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2020 0
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started