• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot remove transparency layer from Adobe Stock image

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently licensed image #127309915 from Adobe Stock which has a transparent background layer. I downloaded it and imported it into Photoshop but the transparency remained. I then loaded it into Illustrator to inspect the layers but I could see which layer is applying the transparent background.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Hi Chris,

The background is a grouped layer within the Layer 1. Please see the attached screenshot for more details:

Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_2.png

Hope this helps. Feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That file is an Illustrator file. You would need Illustrator to edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Brad. As mentioned in my post, I have already tried loading the image into Adobe Illustrator but could not see the offending layer causing the transparency grid background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looping in Om Nath Jha​ for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

The background is a grouped layer within the Layer 1. Please see the attached screenshot for more details:

Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_2.png

Hope this helps. Feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am struggling with this same exact issue for this same image. I am able to remove the checkered background like you showed, but end up with all that black surrounding the glowing effect (just like in the picture above). How can we get rid of the black so we only have the glow effect?

Thank you,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alejandro5EB4,

Apologies for the delayed response. I hope that you did find the solution by now.

For anyone with similar problems: The effects are designed to be applied to a dark background. Otherwise, the comp does not work.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Total waste of money. Bought illustrator still didn't work. The people here don't care. I've had no problem doing on Puc in the past... it's a sham..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Shay5F88,

Sorry to hear that you have problems. Could you please elaborate those problems? If they are Illustrator related, you may also be better off asking your question in the Illustrator forum.

And BTW: we do care! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opion, the average content creator shouldn't have to work so hard to use an image from Adobe Stock that "says" the background is transparent, when you actually need another Adobe tool to remove the checkered layer. It creates a very poor user experience. This has been a pain point for serval years so perhaps this could be a higher priority item on your to-do list? Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the average content creator

By @Joanne2901602299z0

You mean: average content buyer…

It's not hard to use an image from Adobe stock, but you need to know your tools.

It's like driving: it's not hard, and many can drive a car. If they can drive a car, however, they can't drive necessarily a heavy truck or a racing car.

The chequered layer is sometimes necessary to show the asset effect. The trouble with this is, that when you remove the chequered layer, you get an asset that looks faulty, but is not. But switching off this chequerboard is simple:

• open in Illustrator
  • look for the last layer or sublayer
  • switch visibility off

Abambo_0-1679752260298.png

What is more annoying to the buyer is, that they don't know if they get an Adobe Illustrator file and the version or if they get an EPS file. Not all Illustrator files can be opened with third-party programs or older Illustrator programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your slightly snarky but helpful expert reply -- you reinforced my point perfectly!

Experts know how to turn off the layer in Illustrator. But the "avergage content creator" who purchases a "transparent" image may not be an Adobe expert. My hope is that we can make the resources more accessbile to all with better insturctions and system support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your slightly snarky but helpful expert reply -- you reinforced my point perfectly!

By @Joanne2901602299z0

Sorry for being snarky. 

Experts know how to turn off the layer in Illustrator. But the "avergage content creator" who purchases a "transparent" image may not be an Adobe expert. My hope is that we can make the resources more accessbile to all with better insturctions and system support.

By @Joanne2901602299z0

Sorry to be snarky again. Switching off layers and sublayers is a basic operation in Illustrator and is not expert knowledge. In Illustrator terms, I'm a mildly advanced beginner. And my somehow limited knowledge enables me to answer such basic questions. I know, however, to some, even this looks like expert knowledge.

This proves two points:

• having "expert" in the label does not mean expert in all things.
  • even mildly advanced users can give expert advice, if they know the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started