• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Complaint Over Fraud! Adobe Stock is NOT as fully functional as Fotalia!

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am frustrated and furious. I was HAPPY with Fotalia. I just was forced to sign up for Adobe Stock, reluctantly, because Adobe is a HUGE machine and lo and behold, exactly what I knew would happen has happened. Are you guys seriously trying to tell me now that I am FORCED to buy Adobe Illustrator to use the images I purchase from Adobe Stock? Because that's not "you'll never notice a difference except everything is better" that you all promised. This is not remotely fair to promise people FULL FUNCTIONALITY and then wait until AFTER you have charged their card to find out that they have to buy a software that costs hundreds of dollars to be able to us what I just bought. Fix this!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

By preview, I meant a jpeg created from the vector file. Apologies for the misunderstanding. Please contact the Fotolia Customer Services team to obtain the .eps files for your purchased vector files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only need Illustrator for .ai files. Folotia didn't support .ai files. All the images from Fotolia and more ar avaialable in Stock as jpg and no special programming is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olivia,

Sorry to hear about your frustration. Pardon my not understanding, can you help me better understand why you're being forced to buy Adobe Illustrator?

Are you seeing some kind of pop-up saying you have to have Adobe Illustrator in order to open the file? I believe some stock images are provided in several different formats depending on the type. If you have the stock image number I could use for reference I'll take a look.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

No, when I used Fotalia, I could purchase a vector image for 6 credits and download it and it downloaded as a jpeg and a .eps file. That is what I use with the software I have at work. I have NO option to change my downloads. Its all .ai when I use Adobe Stock. That is why I am frustrated and furious. Are you seeing an option I do not see for downloading as a .eps instead of a .ai?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olivia,

You are correct that we don't offer jpeg previews on downloads of vector images yet. This is a feature that is being worked on and should be available soon. Since you rely on the jpeg preview in your current workflow, it makes sense if you continue to license the vector files on Fotolia until the feature is enabled on Adobe Stock. If you need help. please contact the Fotolia Customer Service team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by a preview? I downloaded the files to my computer. I

don't really call that a preview. I call that a purchase. Will Adobe be

offering the files I purchased, all 3 of them, in a .eps instead of the .ai

that I received? Will Adobe be offering vector files in a .eps file like

fotalia? I still have my fotalia account so I can still get vector files,

but the problem is I already paid for Adobe.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 6:22 PM Kirsten Harris <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By preview, I meant a jpeg created from the vector file. Apologies for the misunderstanding. Please contact the Fotolia Customer Services team to obtain the .eps files for your purchased vector files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started